Christian Purslow

villan-scott

39 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

As you rightly say these guys are very switched on and wouldn’t make a big move like sacking a CEO without a planinplace it’s never boring is it?

Exactly.

It would be foolish to let him go without having others in place first.. maybe his own replacement eventually?  Who knows what the future holds.

I don't think his tiny % stake in the club will matter all that much either.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I'm not sure I want Purslow to go bold in the transfer market. Last time he did we ended up with Coutinho and Ings 😉

I assume he’ll be taking more of a backseat and keeping his nose out of actual football matters from now on… just relaying NSWE intentions there (spokesperson). They’re the ones who will be going bold for Unai and co and managing his wants and needs in the market…

We have added personnel to our scouting/transfer department and still seem to be on the lookout for a sporting director that Lange may work under (or in a separate role).

I’m less concerned about CP these days, King Unai has the keys and he’s going to take us as far as possible…

• Like 2

Christian Purslow is stepping down from his position as CEO and director. He joined Aston Villa in September 2018 shortly after NSWE acquired a controlling interest in the Club.

Owners, Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris said: “We would like to thank Christian for his outstanding leadership of the Club over the last five seasons. He has overseen a transformation of the Club both on and off the pitch and delivered the ambitious turnaround plan he presented to us when he arrived in 2018. We are grateful for all he has done.”

Christian Purslow said: “It has been a total privilege to lead Villa for the last five years. I am proud that I leave the Club in a much better position on and off the pitch than when I arrived. We are re-established in the Premier League; we now have a very competitive professional Women’s team; we have outstanding Academies for boys and girls; we have created a world class training ground and secured planning permission for an expansion and modernisation of our wonderful stadium.

“Thank you to everyone at Villa and our supporters who have made my time here so enjoyable.”

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

A lot of (imo) misplaced jubilance in the Twitter Replies. 

Here's an article from.Gregg, who was obviously informed (for once!) as his article went live immediately after the OS.

it was difficult to read those

considering the utter dross we've had over the years and really the only foot he's put wrong was to appoint gerrard. people have short memories. anyway sounds like they're basically giving emery the keys to the castle and purslow knows he's capable of more. i can see him on the PL board or something similar.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does anyone reckon Don Emery is essentially now the " KING " of all things football in a sense?

Yes, Greggs article says Chris Heck replaces Purslow's off-field stuff, Emery takes over everything football and we no longer need a CEO

Christian Purslow has left his position of CEO as Aston Villa.

The 59-year-old has been in charge of the day-to-day running of the club for almost five years but is now stepping aside.

Villa are moving in a new direction with head coach Unai Emery and his team of close assistants taking charge of football matters alongside the owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens (NSWE).

Chris Heck, the new president of business operations, will oversee all the important off-field matters including increasing revenue and globalising the Aston Villa brand, so Villa no longer need a CEO figure as the model has changed.

• Like 1

Â