Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder what this means for the stadium plans? Purslow was the man running the show there and he seemed to have been doing a excellent job dealing with the council and the rail companies. Hope we dont live to regret this

That's my concern here 

16 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

It would be a very unusual move if we didn’t replace him. I get the “structure” argument but is that not the the literal house of cards, if we lose (for example) Emery does the whole structure not fall apart. 

I’d find this a bit worrying from a legacy planning point of view! 

It's certainly an interesting one. It seems that there is being an enormous amount of trust and responsibility being placed upon Emery, which any fan would agree he's earned but as you say things can change at the drop of a hat and it seems quite a precarious position to be left in if they did.

• Like 2

Gerrard appointment aside, he has been extremely good in his role over these past 5 years. 

Took some doing after years and years of clown shows prior to Purslow but we’re no longer run like an absolute joke so deserves huge praise. 

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Do you reckon all the documentation was stored on his laptop? Maybe no one thought to get it off him before he left the building?

Typical Villa. 

Haha no

But my point was who is taking over with the project and they do it as well as the purs was?

Possibly the worst news we could have at this point. Definitely weaker now for sure. We don’t know the circumstances around this, but he was the person that knows more about the day to day running of an English football club more than anyone that we have at the club currently. 
Sure hope this isn’t the start of a downfall. 

Edited by Tayls

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That fits perfectly.   Gerrard sacked, Nas gets Emery without Purslow, Purslow feels undermined, thinks about it for a couple of weeks and then resigns. 6 month's notice so Purslow carries on doing his job, but is noticeably absent in Villa announcements for those 6 months.  6 months notice and season ends so Purslow leaves. 

And yet did an hour interview on Sky News with Beth Rigby about an month ago covering FFP, sportwashing ownership and stadium redevelopment.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think we can say Purslow achieved his aims here, Championship to Europe in 5 seasons.

This can’t be overlooked. Wish him well. Didn’t expect to hear the news. 

• Like 3

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Haha no

But my point was who is taking over with the project and they do it as well as the purs was?

I don’t know who will formally take over that work, but I’ll have a small bet that NSWE has already  done some succession planning. When it comes to running a business these guys are pretty tip top mate, I wouldn’t worry.

• Like 3

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

And yet did an hour interview on Sky News with Beth Rigby about an month ago covering FFP, sportwashing ownership and stadium redevelopment.

But not specifically about Villa. Angling for a job in the Premier League or Uefa? Head of FFP compliance?

I think its a weird time for this to happen, when stability, seemed to be returning.

I can only assume, that judging by the appointment of UE, they get this one right too.

I do wonder, if UE was being restricted in his pursuit of players, when they said UE had been pushing hard for Tielemans.

• Like 1

Â