Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 hour ago, useless said:

Purslow seems to be getting a lot of blame for things that should be Lange's responsibility.

Both need to go. Unbelievable, but we need a comprehensive overhaul again, from top to bottom. 

We need a proper DoF, a new scouting apparatus, new manager obvs, and new coaches. I want Gary Mac, Critchley, McPhee and the rest of them gone.

The best coach at Villa this calender year is the one they fired last spring (Mark Delaney). 

Get all these assh*les out of the club!

And make Delaney caretaker!

Edited by maqroll

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Both need to go. Unbelievable, but we need a comprehensive overhaul again, from top to bottom. 

We need a proper DoF, a new scouting apparatus, new manager obvs, and new coaches. I want Gary Mac, Critchley, McPhee and the rest of them gone.

The best coach at Villa this calender year is the one they fired last spring (Mark Delaney). 

Get all these assh*les out of the club!

And make Delaney caretaker!

Imagine MacPhee surviving this. We get Emery or Tuchel in, but MacPhee still stands there dictating long throws.

• Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, this sacking was done in about an hour after a game.

I'm not sure what sort of long winded post one should expect?

There might be more at a later date.

19 minutes after the game as Sky are keen to keep reminding us.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2022 at 13:31, Keyblade said:

If we draw tomorrow, Purslow will look really silly if he doesn't sack him within 2 days like he did for Smith. It would be identical scenarios (10 points from 11 games), apart from the fact that he doesn't have 3 years of credit in the bank.

Actually it will be worse because it's an easier start, and we have a much stronger squad now.

Fair play he was even swifter than 2 days, but he's still got to go. No way we should have been in this position. Wasted a whole year on his wet dream.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think it’s hard to see how Purslow survives this.

He’ll 100% survive it. CEOs appoint bad managers all the time. The average manager lasts 18 months, if clubs turned over CEO every time they bin one off it’d be chaos.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone think there is a possibility Purslow might be gone shortly as well?

Yes.

Though I think he might be slowly phased out in a very hierarchical modern corporate fashion. Very few CEOs are "fired" ignominiously, and NSWE will think he deserves better treatment than that based on his record to date. 

I think he will possibly be told to take a back seat in both footballing & business operations affairs from here, and whenever the new stand is basically finished it will be announced he has "stepped down" and probably will take up another executive role in another business.

So to all intents and purposes we won't see an immediate change, but he I reckon he will be told he's basically done in all but name. Just my thinking on it.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

Perhaps don't feel he needs to go asap but I hope the owners will evaluate his work and look at if he should be replaced in the summer, or perhaps even before that if they find the right candidate.

This Gerrard appointment stinks and his hands are all over it. As a lot of us said, Purslow would be stained once when it predictably wen't tits up.

Both Purslow and Lange should be looked at. Are they even working under the same strategy? Gotta feel that Lange was steamrolled by Purslow during these 12 months, he is one of the owners after all so really not much Lange could do if Purslow wanted his mate to be allowed to change the strategy and tear everything up. But at the same time not sure if Lange is a keeper either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone think there is a possibility Purslow might be gone shortly as well?

If it was my money, Purslow would be next gone, then the coaches (if they aren't already) then I'd be seriously looking into Lange's business since he's been here 

• Like 1

Â