Christian Purslow

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Purslow does everything at the club!

The toilets were a **** state last time I went there.  I've heard that he takes personal responsibility for cleaning them as he doesn't trust anyone else.  He's clearly been neglecting this duty in this regard too.

The man needs to learn to delegate.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You have seriously got to wonder what NSWE make of all this. Less than a year ago they paid Rangers millions to take Gerrard and his coaching staff. Now they have paid Gerrard and his coaching staff millions to sack them.

I don't think they'll want Purslow anywhere near the next appointment especially given that even the Smith appointment he was apparently not first choice and was behind Henry. 

Name a single club who this doesn't apply to (the paying to hire a manager and then sack them soon after).  I can't think of a single PL side who haven't paid good money for a manager and then had to pay to sack them within a shortish period of time.  It is the nature of the beast.  Very few clubs get every managerial appointment correct.  We're running at 50% so far - 1 good / excellent hire with Smith and 1 failed gamble with Gerrard.  The next appointment is obviously an important one (as EVERY managerial hire is) but it's not like we've made a string of terrible managerial appointments under the NSWE's watch.  If you look at their track record as owners (at different clubs / sports) - the Gerrard experiment isn't a major departure in terms of giving a young, new face a chance.  Maybe this time around they will be looking for something slightly different.  But I still think the best we can really hope for is someone who might become an elite manager rather than being in a position to cherry pick from the top table now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm amazed at the people who think any criticism of Purslow is unfair because he 'hired one bad manager'. 

F*** me. Look at our wage bill. Our net spend. Our playing squad and our position in the table. It's an absolute embarrassment given the sums of money we've spent under his tenure. 

Isn't our wage bill something like the 12th highest in the PL?  That might have been before the summer transfer window.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So Poch has rejected us. We have nobody lined up. We've approached people that will never sign for us in a million years.

The writing has been on the wall since day 1 of the season.

Purslow has **** it.

Every single part of the quoted post is rumour, conjecture, heresay, etc. Its an impressive feat to make so many wild assumptions in so few sentences.

Bravo, sir.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So Poch has rejected us. We have nobody lined up. We've approached people that will never sign for us in a million years.

The writing has been on the wall since day 1 of the season.

Purslow has **** it.

Having nobody lined up is 10 times better than Gerrard still being here. 

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If Sawiris had to step in and make the decision that his CEO wouldn't, I'd expect that CEO to be gone. Not only is it speculation, it doesn't make any sense.

People have decided he's a rocket polisher, and started working backwards from there.

Nobody cares if he is a rocket polisher it's probably needed in his position. I think since Grealish left and City hurt his ego he has been incompetent in his position

I saw one podcaster mention he sacked Smith because he was too popular 😂

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Every single part of the quoted post is rumour, conjecture, heresay, etc. Its an impressive feat to make so many wild assumptions in so few sentences.

Bravo, sir.

We've got a list of candidates, and clearly nobody firmly approached or interested. That much is clear.

That is staggering in the midst of a relegation battle.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We've got a list of candidates, and clearly nobody firmly approached or interested. That much is clear.

It's not clear. It's not remotely clear. You are basing this on what information is circulating in public.

It astounds me how people base everything they believe on what is public, taking zero consideration that things might be happening in private.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would get your point if there was a string of unsuccessful managers but there has been two, two.

A ceo is usually judged on around 4-5 appointments. The next one is key and i think purslow will go all out to get someone on a much higher scale than gerrard. They would have learned alot form this failed gerrard experiment 

Honestly I think Purslow is very talented and intelligent and the exact guy you want to run an organisation, he helped design FFP,  - but he got SG wrong - and that removes his future credibility in footballing decisions. 

39 minutes ago, allani said:

Isn't our wage bill something like the 12th highest in the PL?  That might have been before the summer transfer window.

7th or 8th, depending on whether Everton's has decreased fast enough.

Purslow should go.

The club has been set back years thanks to the appointment of his best mate.

The wage bill is horrendous and we have signed so many dud players with zero resale value.

Edited by AshVilla

57 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Smith, Suso, Lange, Gerrard, that’s 4.

Why are people acting like sporting directors aren’t important appointments?

Smith was a unsuccessful appointment are you for real? I mean seriously 

Suso do you know edens and sawiris were also not responsible for bringing in suso?

As for lange how can you call him a failure? Hasnt been here long enough

Gerrard i agree with

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wrong.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't. Not by a long shot. 

Our wage bill and the money we've spent should at least, see us competing for 8th. We're miles off that. 

We're being bankrolled, in an unsustainable fashion, by two billionaires who want success. We're happy racking up huge losses to try and be succesful and we're far from that. 

If we don't sack Purslow, fine, but I suspect some of you might be changing your tune when/if the money dries up and we're stuck with a load of plodders on 125k a week. 

I blame gerrard. Signing digne when we didnt need him. Countinho was a gerrard signing. Lets be honest everyone was excited when we were 1st being linked with him so thats on the manager.

I will change my tune if i see a string of unsuccessful appointments as opposed to one bad one which is ridiculous.  You want to cause more turmoil at the club by getting rid of our ceo? 

Why when things go wrong why do our fans base just immediately want people removed so quickly? That's not how business works

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

It's not clear. It's not remotely clear. You are basing this on what information is circulating in public.

It astounds me how people base everything they believe on what is public, taking zero consideration that things might be happening in private.

He should spend more time at the posh golf course to find the answers he seeks.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith was a unsuccessful appointment are you for real? I mean seriously 

Suso do you know edens and sawiris were also not responsible for bringing in suso?

As for lange how can you call him a failure? Hasnt been here long enough

Gerrard i agree with

Not saying Smith was a failure, but it’s one out of four.

With Suso and Lange, I just point at our player recruitment since Purslow arrived as evidence. Not good enough in relation to money spent.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Â