Christian Purslow

villan-scott

He has left it too long, we look a shambles now and I can’t see a top manager thinking they can rescue this lot. Some of those players look league two level at best now.

Mr Purslow, you must do the right thing and relieve Gerrard and his staff of their duties tomorrow. Otherwise the goodwill and support you have enjoyed will evaporate very quickly..

He's not had to make many big decisions.

Off the pitch things are good, but the next appointment is crucial for his future at the club, I'd have thought. He can't make another decision as poor as this and survive.

He has done good things off the pitch but I wouldn't argue if he was sacked off after going out of his way in bringing in Stevie G. 

It was never the right choice, he just did it because he is a Liverpool fanboy.

We have to get  the next appointment right.

Edited by The Fun Factory

54 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think Emery or Pochettino will want to come. 

Our destination solely relies on this mans next major footballing decision. 

2 of his last 3 managerial appointments has been Hodgson and Gerrard. 

I'm terrified. 

Any potential new manager will obviously do some research about the owners, the board and the ceo. Just hope they don’t spend too much time googling Purslow.

This should he moved to other football.

Everything I said regarding the appointment. The football last season. The abandoning of youth players. The signing of over the hill players on huge wages.

You can pack your bags too son. You've been absolute disgrace. Not professional. Rewarding people who aren't qualified because you are on friendly terms. Raising prices. Talking garbage.

You're not fit to run the football club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wonder if pressure came from above. Report the owner was there tonight and not happy. 

I've got little faith in purslow.

At the end of the day mate, they’ve given Gerrard a year , 2 transfer windows and a preseason. As much as I know we want managers out quickly, we have to be mindful of how it’s perceived in the footballing world - you look at how everyone laughs at and mocks Watford. I think everyone can agree that Gerrard has been given long enough, there’s no improvement so it’s time to go.

People have been quick to criticise Purslow, he’s acted quickly enough imo.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Purslow owns some of the club so might be a bit more complicated in getting rid. It would be a bit of shame as he has increased revenues and helped with bodymoor and the new academy but he made a terrible choice in Gerrard. 

Increase revenue indeed. How much has he cost the club with nonsensical decisions and backing his man to the halt at the cost of the structure?

15m on Bertie is binned. £10m pay up for Gerrard and his staff. £14m market value of Sanson write off because the manager is a word removed.

Digne and Coutinho over the hill players on long term deals on 125k a week.

Ings 30m panic buy.

He's signed off an a lot of shambolic decisions and I said we are heading the Everton way.

But people love it when a club spunks money. They are blinded by it.

He won the lottery getting into bed with these owners

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Increase revenue indeed. How much has he cost the club with nonsensical decisions and backing his man to the halt at the cost of the structure?

15m on Bertie is binned. £10m pay up for Gerrard and his staff. £14m market value of Sanson write off because the manager is a word removed.

Digne and Coutinho over the hill players on long term deals on 125k a week.

Ings 30m panic buy.

He's signed off an a lot of shambolic decisions and I said we are heading the Everton way.

But people love it when a club spunks money. They are blinded by it.

He won the lottery getting into bed with these owners

It's a very good point. 

We're also going to get pennies/nothing for the likes of Ings, Bailey and Coutinho. 

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

At the end of the day mate, they’ve given Gerrard a year , 2 transfer windows and a preseason. As much as I know we want managers out quickly, we have to be mindful of how it’s perceived in the footballing world - you look at how everyone laughs at and mocks Watford. I think everyone can agree that Gerrard has been given long enough, there’s no improvement so it’s time to go.

People have been quick to criticise Purslow, he’s acted quickly enough imo.

He was forced to act, the owner stormed out of the directors box and he followed. Would love to have been a fly on the wall but  guessing the owners will be discussing Purslow's role in the appointment tomorrow once the dust has settled.

Purslow best have an appointment lined up otherwise my feeling is he will go in the summer. 

There are 3 or 4 top managers about, time to get one of them in and recall any players on loan who we can bring back so they can be accessed for reintruction come January. 

Sanson gilbert traore are all probably celebrating tonight.

Ideally poch, that's the sexy headlining appointment however despite being more 'boring', I would quite happily take Tuchel or emery. 

It's time for a top manager not an up and coming manager.

No more excuses, promise the wages and the backing for a top dog.

Â