Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Looked particularly pissed off not being put through by I think McGinn in the second half.

There was a nice little link up with Kodjia, gave me some hope the two together could be an option.

Yes I liked that aswell. Should've scored of course but nice turn and link up with Kodj.

He'll score goals for us no problem, saw enough of him at Bristol the other year not to be worried about him.

• Like 1

I thought he had a sulky attitude when not getting the ball throwing his arms up which I didn’t like, also missed an easy chance to put us 1 up. I’ve already said when we signed him I think he is an over rated player, we will see though.

I liked that he “sulked”, although I thought  it was frustration than sulking....he’s eager and I liked the link up with kodjia when he came on. We have to stop this one upfront business, play these guys together.

• Like 1

He should have scored, but it was great bit of play and 1-2 with Kodjia. He looked very sharp with the ball at his feet and physically strong. The problem is that we didn't get him enough service, our sole tactic was aimless crosses that invariably went to their keeper. We have to do more, Grealish has to do more to break forward and play Abraham in and the crosses from out wide have to be better, Elmo and Adomah should never be starting, El Ghazi and Bolassie will deliver better quality. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

While he looked frustrated he had 4 or 5 good chances which any one of them you would hope he would have scored.

When not isolated he will do better and also Elmo dropping to the bench and adomah for players who will be more consistent when in the final 3rd.

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

While he looked frustrated he had 4 or 5 good chances which any one of them you would hope he would have scored.

When not isolated he will do better and also Elmo dropping to the bench and adomah for players who will be more consistent when in the final 3rd.

I don't remember "4 or 5 good chances". There was a header that went wide in the second half that was at a difficult angle, but he should have at least worked the keeper and then the shot that went wide after a 1-2 with Kodjia. 

I do think he will take a bit of time to get going. He was too isolated and needs more service and general involvement, on top of that he's coming off the back of  pretty poor season at Swansea and despite the drop in level might need to rediscover his confidence and form in front of goal.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't remember "4 or 5 good chances". There was a header that went wide in the second half that was at a difficult angle, but he should have at least worked the keeper and then the shot that went wide after a 1-2 with Kodjia. 

I do think he will take a bit of time to get going. He was too isolated and needs more service and general involvement, on top of that he's coming off the back of  pretty poor season at Swansea and despite the drop in level might need to rediscover his confidence and form in front of goal.

Off the top of my head..

Completely mistimes a header at the back post from for once.. a decent cross

From the other decent cross in the game he heads wide

Shot wide after a 1-2 with Kodja 

I also recall him shooting wide 1 or 2 times and 1 at the keeper 

He looked better when not 15 yards away from the next closest player and I'm sure he will bag goals. Just not by balls being slung in aimlessly 9 foot in the air.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Off the top of my head..

Completely mistimes a header at the back post from for once.. a decent cross

From the other decent cross in the game he heads wide

Shot wide after a 1-2 with Kodja 

I also recall him shooting wide 1 or 2 times and 1 at the keeper 

He looked better when not 15 yards away from the next closest player and I'm sure he will bag goals. Just not by balls being slung in aimlessly 9 foot in the air.

These weren't 'good chances'.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes they were, if you can't recall them fair enough, read various match reports which list some of his chances. Read Bruce's after match summary where he says Tammy should have got 3 goals.

Or watch the game again if it bothers you that much.

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes they were. He had at least one excellent opportunity with a header and a other on the ground which you would expect most decent strikers to put away. 

It's early days and he's not played much football so I am not criticising him, but to say they were not good chances is just plain wrong. 

Â