Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This season we have no Terry, no Samba and no Elphick. 

Im amazed this doesn’t concern you. 

Your post had a good analysis of last season and I understand why there is concern, I just don’t think our defence - and I’d include a holding midfielder in that seeing as Bruce always plays one, and I’d include at least another 2 players since he places great emphasis on players defending - ) is that poor compared to what I regularly see in the Championship, both since we joined it and over many seasons before.

We can concede 45/50 goals and still be fine. Possibly a handful more. 

Hutton, Elmo, Bree, Jedi, Taylor, De Laet, Chester, Axel, and DMs of Whelan and Birkir.

There’s a lot worse.

I don’t think it’s a first class defence, but I don’t think we need one. I think it’ll do a reasonable job. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

There is no way that Abraham comes here to sit on the bench. So to me that means either we play two up front which isn't particularly fashionable or well suited to us, or Kodjia plays wide. 

No way Bruce plays 2 up top. He hates playing even 1!

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Your post had a good analysis of last season and I understand why there is concern, I just don’t think our defence - and I’d include a holding midfielder in that seeing as Bruce always plays one, and I’d include at least another 2 players since he places great emphasis on players defending - ) is that poor compared to what I regularly see in the Championship, both since we joined it and over many seasons before.

Hutton, Elmo, Bree, Jedi, Taylor, De Laet, Chester, Axel, and DMs of Whelan and Birkir.

There’s a lot worse.

I don’t think it’s a first class defence, but I don’t think we need one. I think it’ll do a reasonable job. 

I hope you’re right but I personally think you are underestimating the completion for promotion. Especially when they have established defenders in the right positions.

keeping on topic I think Abraham is exactly what we need based on what I’ve seen so far this season. A big strong physical presence that knows where the goal is.

3 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

If you extrapolate those statistics then by December 8th we won’t even touch the ball. 

Bruce out!

Which might be a good thing because in our first two games we only had 48 and 49% and we won both! ?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope you’re right but I personally think you are underestimating the completion for promotion. Especially when they have established defenders in the right positions.

keeping on topic I think Abraham is exactly what we need based on what I’ve seen so far this season. A big strong physical presence that knows where the goal is.

I also think Abraham is exactly what we need up top. If he brings people in, and scores the Darren Bent type tap ins, I think we can add considerably to last years tally. 

As for the others, well there’s always competition in this League, but we need about 7 more points than last season, Boro need maybe 14 more, Derby 15, Leeds 30, Forest 40 etc. I’ve not seen where they’ve improved enough to manage that, whereas I’d say this guy alone gets us 10 more than last season, add a fit Kodja alongside, etc etc.....

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, macandally said:

Stopped listening when he said that this is a club where we would have lots of possession and enjoy ourselves.

He has obviously never seen us play!! ?

Or he has seen us play but isn't influenced by the Bruceball exaggeration 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, terrytini said:

There’s a lot worse.

plus we still have Jan to plug that hole  (over a half a season)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, macandally said:

Stopped listening when he said that this is a club where we would have lots of possession and enjoy ourselves.

He has obviously never seen us play!! ?

Or he's been told that he'll be playing for Thierry Henry before the end of November.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. Of course, when John Terry is recommending us as a club to Tammy Abraham then I would take that as a really, really positive endorsement. I'm happy to hear that Jack Grealish (wanted by one of the top premier league teams) is touting us to Bolasie and Abraham. 

We can't be that unattractive to play for, we seem to attract some exciting players. 

Yep. 

Who’d have thought VT would be overly negative? ??‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He seems very good at getting on the end of other players fails, that said he should end up with a gold mine of goals from our bunch lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I decided to look up Tammy Abraham on Wikipedia as I assumed it was not his birth name. I was not expecting to see that his full name is Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham! So he is actually called Kevin, I would never have guessed that.

Also, Good luck fitting that full name into a decent coherent terrace chant! ?

Edit. To add, no wonder it took two days to complete the deal, his signature must be huge! ?

Edited by NeilS
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, NeilS said:

his full name is Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham! So he is actually called Kevin, I would never have guessed that.

Edit. To add, no wonder it took two days to complete the deal, his signature must be huge! ?

Good job all of his name doesn't go on the back of his shirt!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good job all of his name doesn't go on the back of his shirt!

Think of the money that could be made in lettering alone. Perhaps that is our plan ref FFP. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â