Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

BBC reporting he can play against Sheffield United tomorrow.

Interesting. I'm sure im right about him needing to be registered before 12:00, so i guess this must have been done hours ago. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't know why i listen because i think the guy is a plum, but Adrian Durham has just said the following in TS.

'Will Tammy Abraham get a game at Villa This season? Will he even score a goal?

So either:

i) He thinks Abraham is crap

Or

ii) He thinks Kodjia, Hogan and Davis are great strikers. 

I'm going to plump for:

iii) Durham is a prat. 

iv) he knowingly says something slightly controversial so people will pay to call/text in and disagree with him.

Plus a bit of (iii) too.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

iv) he knowingly says something slightly controversial so people will pay to call/text in and disagree with him.

Plus a bit of (iii) too.

This.

I haven't listened to Talksport for a while, but I used to.

I have literally heard that guy change his opinion halfway through a phone in because he realised people were agreeing with him.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Interesting. I'm sure im right about him needing to be registered before 12:00, so i guess this must have been done hours ago. 

Maybe it was done before then, just posting what I've read..

Abraham, who appeared as a substitute in Chelsea's Community Shield defeat by Manchester City earlier this month, could make his Villa debut in Saturday's Championship game at Sheffield United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45371400

Never in any doubt was it? Super Tammy was determined to sign for us all along and pushed Chelsea to allow his Villa dream to become a reality. I was wrong and I'm so pleased to have been proven wrong about this deal coming off. I doff my hat to Brucie and everyone else involved at Villa Park for getting this one done. :clap:

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Maybe it was hearing about the appointment of Christian Purslow that tipped him over? No way could it have been dinosaur Bruce.

Come on Briny you’ve taken the bait with posts like that. Bruce gets credit and criticism for all his signings wherever he was the reason they signed or not.  We all know that.  

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

There is no way that Abraham comes here to sit on the bench. So to me that means either we play two up front which isn't particularly fashionable or well suited to us, or Kodjia plays wide. 

Or more than one good players fights for a position? Yes it’s possible at Villa too.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

jesus ...weve just brought in a striker that spurs were trying to buy for £25m.....

if you would have told me that mid june....

It won’t mean **** all how good our strikers are when we have no defensive solidity. We have one, yes that’s right, ONE centre back in a squad that has 41 league matches to play. So you are dead right.....Jesus! What a bloody joke!! Unbelievable incompetence again from Bruce. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

There is no way that Abraham comes here to sit on the bench. So to me that means either we play two up front which isn't particularly fashionable or well suited to us, or Kodjia plays wide. 

You mean Kodjia plays wide as well as Adomah, El Ghazi and Bolassie!

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All you can do is try! Dealing with people is unpredictable at the best of times. 

Anyway, who cares, we'll just score more than everyone else :)

I hope. 

I think we’ll need a lot more than hope mate. Unparalleled good fortune and amazing luck is our only hope of promotion this season with this defence. 

• Like 2

Â