Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Maybe it was hearing about the appointment of Christian Purslow that tipped him over? No way could it have been dinosaur Bruce.

Maybe it was..... unless he really fancies playing at RB.

2 hours ago, macandally said:

Stopped listening when he said that this is a club where we would have lots of possession and enjoy ourselves.

He has obviously never seen us play!! ?

maybe JT & JG have told him a pack of lies......How to win friends☹️

Edited by TRO

I maybe the only person not excited by this signing. I think he’s a highly over rated player, he looks so awkward on the ball, gets tangled up in his own feet a lot, he has scored goals in the championship before I know but when I’ve watched him play a lot for Swansea he looked very poor. I’m not too exited by this signing but will be interested to see if he can prove me wrong. 

Edit: PS I also believe we badly needed a decent defender or two more than a striker as we have plenty of options attacking wise.

Edited by fifamad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fifamad said:

I maybe the only person not excited by this signing. I think he’s a highly over rated player, he looks so awkward on the ball, gets tangled up in his own feet a lot, he has scored goals in the championship before I know but when I’ve watched him play a lot for Swansea he looked very poor. I’m not too exited by this signing but will be interested to see if he can prove me wrong. 

Edit: PS I also believe we badly needed a decent defender or two more than a striker as we have plenty of options attacking wise.

Your not excited about this signing? Our other options were Hogan and davis who have scored less than 10 goals between them and injury prone RHM.

I think this is a terrific signing

10 hours ago, fifamad said:

My Swansea supporting mate said he reckoned that Tammy was the best signing of the summer in the whole Championship (and I don't think he was winding me up).  The only worry is that he said the Swans didn't get the best out of him because the supply was poor....  Just hope that a "good supply" is aimless punts up the pitch from the defence - if so then we should be sorted!! ? 

We needed a striker more than anything. Against Reading Kodjia looked knackered and we had no decent option to change your front. Now we have two strikers with decent records at this level we might be able to maintain our performance through the whole 90(+) minutes. 

Did you all see that trolling gif that villa had posted of Theresa May dancing or trying to while visiting south Africa, with the words (When you realise a loan signing ‘may’ be imminent).

Its good when you sign a PL player and mock the priminister at the same time.

10 hours ago, fifamad said:

Would you stop ffs!! 

Brilliant signing and will get a shit load of goals for us, great poacher this lad. 

19 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Give him the service..he will score.

Something which I worry about...too much hoof ball.

He’s tall enough for hoofball too. Looking forward to see him play but when fit I can’t see Davis getting much game time now.

Edited by striker

5 minutes ago, striker said:

He’s tall enough for hoofball too. Looking forward to see him play but when fit I can’t see Davis getting much game time now.

I worry that Bruce shares your logic of 'he's tall enough for hoofball'

Whilst he will be better at bringing long balls down than Hogan or RHM if you watch his goals for Bristol City he is more of a poacher than a target man. Hopefully we bin off this old school footballing style, but unfortunately whilst Bruce is still here we won't.

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I worry that Bruce shares your logic of 'he's tall enough for hoofball'

Whilst he will be better at bringing long balls down than Hogan or RHM if you watch his goals for Bristol City he is more of a poacher than a target man. Hopefully we bin off this old school footballing style, but unfortunately whilst Bruce is still here we won't.

Totally agree mate. My comment was with tongue firmly in cheek.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Did you all see that trolling gif that villa had posted of Theresa May dancing or trying to while visiting south Africa, with the words (When you realise a loan signing ‘may’ be imminent).

Its good when you sign a PL player and mock the priminister at the same time.

Our Twitter team are the only competent media wing of the club. They're actually really good.

• Like 1

He's not a loan to buy is he. Would of been great If we could of had the option to make him permanent, how much would Tammy be worth??

Find it funny that before the transfer window closed, spurs tried to make a bid and Chelsea was no way, not to rivals.

Am I rite in the info I am seeing on the net, that we will of paid 9 mill for this season long loan?? 

Edited by Dave-R

25 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah, he’s really gone balls deep with the Villa love. Makes you feel right special. Actually seems sincere too.

Kind of gives you a snapshot into the influence he would have had on the players last season in terms of lifting the morale and building something solid.

People credit Bruce for this and he deserves some credit for signing him, but Bruce without Terry so far has been more than shaky.

• Like 2

Â