Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If we'd got him over Wesley it would have been superb. Never really on the cards though. 

I reckon it was if Chelsea didn't have a transfer ban.

What could have been.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What could have been.

in fairness he isnt the only player at Chelsea that probably would have been sold. Looking at team yesterday and think only 3 or 4 were regulars last season for Chelsea

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If we'd got him over Wesley it would have been superb. Never really on the cards though. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

What could have been.

Im not honestly convinced he would habe done any better than Wesley, he's scoring a few goals now partially because he is in a very good team, if he was in the villa 11 he would have the same struggles as Wesley i reckon.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Im not honestly convinced he would habe done any better than Wesley, he's scoring a few goals now partially because he is in a very good team, if he was in the villa 11 he would have the same struggles as Wesley i reckon.

My word I disagree.

Tammy is much further along in his development than Wes.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Wesley's struggles are partly to do with the team and a lot to do with him. As said above, Tammy is much more developed and has much more premier league experience. 

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This is why loan signings sucks.

We've made Chelsea a stronger team by developing their player for them and also increased his value.

more to it than that

I think we would have wanted a deal, there's every danger the player himself would have liked to stay because he definitely enjoyed his time here (but he rightly believed in himself), but you then throw in higuain's failed loan, the transfer ban, the inflated young English player stuff

the Wesley comparison is obvious but tammy wouldn't have cost the same amount, he would have gone north of £30m

im glad he's doing well but at the same time don't point the finger anywhere at anyone, just one of those things, if we'd paid £35m for him i'd have been worried at the time, he was good for us but not that good, id go as far as to say what he's doing now for Chelsea was not as easy to predict at times last season as it should have been, he's not stepped up he's jumped

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

On the back of that, we also got promoted, so we definitely benefited from the deal as well :lol:  

Yeah, not sure I'd chose to remain in the Championship just so that Chelsea might have potentially been a bit weaker.

Probably the best loan signing we've ever made, Mings is another great one.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2019 at 16:53, MaVilla said:

Hmm I disagree with this. We put a lot of balls in the box and we struggle to hit Wesley, especially as he seems to be quite weak in the air. Abraham's natural positioning in the box is much better than Wesley's. I do like Wes though and think he will come good. 

On 04/11/2019 at 09:09, villalad21 said:

This is why loan signings sucks.

We've made Chelsea a stronger team by developing their player for them and also increased his value.

Without loaning Tammy we would be playing Barnsley this weekend. Chelsea would still have Tammy banging them in as he would for someone else instead of us last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to Tammy I'm glad that I'm not a manager or work professionally with football. I thought he'd find it hard in the PL and I never thought he'd play much at all for chelsea. And now he's the top scorer in the PL. I know nothing. Anyway, glad for him and had a little cheer when he scored tonight. Well done, Tammy.

• Like 1

Â