Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

On 03/10/2019 at 08:48, VillaJ100 said:

I don't mind any player who didn't try to engineer a move away. Barry I dislike but at least he still remained professional when his move didn't happen. 

You dislike Gareth Barry :blink:

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Still love the guy. He is a hero for what he done for us last year. Will be applauding him when we play Chelsea 

Until he scores a hat trick!

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a weird one. I don't really rate him. Don't think he's very good at anything

How can you possibly say that after last season for us? (1st player to score 20 league goals for Villa in decades.)

And 8 in 8 so far this season - imagine he carried that on and scored 38 league goals? After the transfer ban they could sell him for 150 million! :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

How can you possibly say that after last season for us? (1st player to score 20 league goals for Villa in decades.)

And 8 in 8 so far this season - imagine he carried that on and scored 38 league goals? After the transfer ban they could sell him for 150 million! :D

I've made that case before. Went through all of this goals and when you discounted obvious goals i.e. tap ins, penalties etc.he didn't do that well. Just a personal opinion. 

He's obviously doing really well, so it's just that. Sure most people have some players they don't rate that are really good. 

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's weird but i kinda agree with kenji. When you watch him he doesn't stand out like some of the great goalscorers, Sure he's putting the ball in the net, and on a regular basis but i'm not really sure that he creates that dread like oh no we are playing spurs, kane will tear us apart, Liverpool Salah will destroy us, how the hell do you defend against lukaku etc. Give it another year or so at this rate of goals and i'm sure that will change but i guess the amount of simple chances he missed last year, despite scoring a load is still there in the back of my mind & If i saw him going through one on one i would still kind of expect him to miss 6 or 7 times out of 10 at the moment for some reason which isn't really something you should be thinking about someone who is scoring in nearly every game. Maybe it's just as a result of seeing him week in week out last season and knowing that he wasn't exactly a superstar with 8/9 out of 10 performances every week.

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's weird but i kinda agree with kenji. When you watch him he doesn't stand out like some of the great goalscorers, Sure he's putting the ball in the net, and on a regular basis but i'm not really sure that he creates that dread like oh no we are playing spurs, kane will tear us apart, Liverpool Salah will destroy us, how the hell do you defend against lukaku etc. Give it another year or so at this rate of goals and i'm sure that will change but i guess the amount of simple chances he missed last year, despite scoring a load is still there in the back of my mind & If i saw him going through one on one i would still kind of expect him to miss 6 or 7 times out of 10 at the moment for some reason which isn't really something you should be thinking about someone who is scoring in nearly every game. Maybe it's just as a result of seeing him week in week out last season and knowing that he wasn't exactly a superstar with 8/9 out of 10 performances every week.

Fair enough. Last season he did miss some you would want him to score. I can see that people think he's not that great because he also doesn't create 'wow' goals out of nothing himself that often (like a Bergkamp, Cantona or even Benteke at Villa.)

But I remember Andy Cole, Rooney and Michael Owen didn't always finish everything that came their way. No-one has an 80% chance to goal conversion rate (apart from Wesley this season ;))

I think he's great because: 
1) His attitude and application is absolutely 1st class - the way he harried defenders for us last season was fantastic.
2) His movement off the ball is terrific hence why he gets so many chances including the ones he misses
3) When things aren't going his way, he still does 1 & 2 will 100% effort.
4) He has a goal a game ratio so far in his 1st season with a decent team in the PL. That's pretty terrific however the next 3/4 of the season pans out.

It's also going to make watching England bearable if he's involved :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â