Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just now, momo said:

But why didn't Villa put in a clause to buy if promoted in January... Chelsea was obviously willing to sell then... :(

Not sure he would have agreed to it himself.

Sure I've read he felt he had unfinished business with Chelsea and obviously believed he was good enough for that level, and he was right it would seem.

• Like 2

Just now, penguin said:

Not sure he would have agreed to it himself.

Sure I've read he felt he had unfinished business with Chelsea and obviously believed he was good enough for that level, and he was right it would seem.

Well, they "sold" him to wolves, but he chose to stay at Villa. Maybe Villa tried, and like you say, didn't accept a clause.

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

It's so satisfying after Wolves fans seemed so certain he wasn't Premier League quality in January.

Well in Tammy, love it. 

I read a lot of fans on here saying exactly the same thing! It’s why we shouldn’t get too worried when any of our players get written off on the internet (and I’m sure I’m as guilty as any with someone or other). This was a weird one though as he’s obviously always had such potential. But fair play to him for it happening so fast.

• Like 1

Pleased for Tammy.

I don’t really feel like we missed out as I didn’t think it was on the cards him joining us permanently. Some of the things he said in the summer gave the impression he didn’t see his future here. Probably one of the reasons why he turned down Wolves in January was he wanted to prove himself at Chelsea.

I imagine we’ll be closer to Wolves than Chelsea come the end of the season, so I guess he’s possibly done us a favour today.

I wanted us to sign him, and good luck to him, but it says a lot that people are more interested in him than our own team. Reminds me of when I saw on a Sunderland message board and they had a thread cheering on Liverpool because their former players Henderson and Mignolet were playing, I really dislike the term but seemed very 'small time' to me. Also there was a time whenever Young, Milner or Benteke had a good game you'd see post after post on here about missing them. Just got to get over it, and realise we've got some new players.

Edited by useless

I actually AM surprised to see him doing this well, but I’m delighted for him. He’s a top lad.

That third goal against Wolves is class. Hope he stays at it all season (apart from against us obvs). Guessing he’ll get a great reception back at Villa Park?

• Like 2

Very pleased for him aswell. Very likeable guy and well he more than did his job for us last season.

Also shows what a mockery Steve Bruce comment about only getting in "waif and strays" was during his tenure. Having him on loan last year was basically cheat mode.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very pleased for him aswell. Very likeable guy and well he more than did his job for us last season.

Also shows what a mockery Steve Bruce comment about only getting in "waif and strays" was during his tenure. Having him on loan last year was basically cheat mode.

To be fair, Bruce had it hard when you compare us to the likes of Rotherham, or even Norwich who lost 2/3 top players and then won the league.

I think he's a really good player. He has an amazing attitude on the pitch and a lot of self belief. He's physically good, technically quite good but where he really excels is his intelligence in around the box.

His loan here would have done him the world of good, he was the main man, banging in goals in a good team. But it didn't all go his way, we had tough periods and he showed his character during those times. 

I think alot if people, myself included if I am being honest, felt the step up to playing regularly at Chelsea was a bit beyond him. At Villa he didn't create many chances for himself and his finishing was hot and cold. This season however he is improving in both of those areas of weakness. He needs to continue to work on his hold up play, if he does and continues to improve at the rate that he his showing at the moment, he'll be called up for England before too long. He is proving that he is good enough. 

I'm delighted for him scoring three against Wolves, I will be giving him a very same welcome back at VP when he returns. I just hope he doesn't score against us. 

I will forever be fond of Tammy (and Axel Tuenzebe) for the promotion season. 

• Like 2

Â