Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Leicester have 2 very good strikers and play with 1 up front.

No reason Villa couldn't do that.

We already have Davis and Wesley in the squad. Not to mention Louie Barry who is coming through.

Unless we are getting them off the pay bill i see it as a zero chance in us signing Tammy.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

We already have Davis and Wesley in the squad.

Unless we are getting them off the pay bill i see it as a zero chance in us signing Tammy.

But we only have 1 very good striker. 

Bring in Tammy, and get either of Davies/Wesley on loan.

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

But we only have 1 very good striker. 

Bring in Tammy, and get either of Davies/Wesley on loan.

Barry is a better prospect than Tammy anyways.

No thanks. 40+ million when we already have better in our own ranks, naah.

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Barry is a better prospect than Tammy anyways.

No thanks. 40+ million when we already have better in our own ranks, naah.

Tammy is a PL ready striker. Barry is a 17 year old that, while very promising, might not even make it in professional football in 3 years time. More promising players have struggled to follow through, although I hope we have a real jewel there.

Plus, I think Tammy is more of a 30m striker now which is a price the club would be willing to pay. 

• Like 3

Buy Tammy

Pay off / get rid of Davis

Start the season with Watkins & Tammy, Wes can continue his rehabilitation at the club getting minutes here and there / backup for injuries.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He would be a useful aquisition but unless we change our formation theres no way he would be a starter and no way would I push Watkins out wide. 

That's what I mean when I referenced Leicester - let Watkins be our Vardy and Tammy our Iheanacho. 

36 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Tammy is a PL ready striker. Barry is a 17 year old that, while very promising, might not even make it in professional football in 3 years time. More promising players have struggled to follow through, although I hope we have a real jewel there.

Plus, I think Tammy is more of a 30m striker now which is a price the club would be willing to pay. 

With that attitude we may as well just scrap our U23 

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We should not be spending 40 million on a striker when we have the wingers we do

No, but how about 30 on Tammy, 30 on a killer winger, 30 on a new solid AM to replace Barkley and 10m for a LB cover?

That seems like a very good summer to me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We should not be spending 40 million on a striker when we have the wingers we do

Depends how much we're spending. 

If the owners are committing another £100m of "new" money (and I have no reason to believe they won't) and we can raise £40m odd from actual player sales we could spend £40m on Tammy and still have £100m for wingers etc. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Buy Tammy

Pay off / get rid of Davis

Start the season with Watkins & Tammy, Wes can continue his rehabilitation at the club getting minutes here and there / backup for injuries.

First game of the season. Who plays #9?

Because whoever is on the bench, is very, very **** off. We're not good enough yet for two strikers of their ilk. 

don’t see the reasoning to drop 40 mil on a backup striker when we have glaring needs on the wing /attacking midfield plus we don’t really ever play with 2 strikers for more than 20 mins if at all. 

yeah we arent signing Tammy for the money that is being asked for. Not sure he would join us either as think West Ham be a more likely move

Sad for him as last season he was probably nailed on for an England squad but now is about 5th or 6th choice

Remember when we signed Sanson because he was a long term target and the opportunity was too good to miss? That was Purslow and our owners. 

I can see a similar situation with Tammy. DS knows him and his attitude, which has always seemed spot on. 

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

don’t see the reasoning to drop 40 mil on a backup striker when we have glaring needs on the wing /attacking midfield plus we don’t really ever play with 2 strikers for more than 20 mins if at all. 

He wouldn't be a back up striker.

Someone like Tammy becomes available you sign him. Regardless if issues elsewhere. You sign him. We aren't short of cash either anyway.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He wouldn't be a back up striker.

Someone like Tammy becomes available you sign him. Regardless if issues elsewhere. You sign him. We aren't short of cash either anyway.

So we'd push Watkins out wide or drop Watkins? We'd lose our press, not to mention I think Watkins is actually a better player

No FFP and I'd say sure why not but we won't have unlimited funding and there are bigger needs in the squad, we need a winger and a 10 to make Ollie a 20 goal striker not another potential 20 goal striker 

Â