Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

10 minutes ago, useless said:

I was only thinking yesterday that as good as Abraham is doing, as soon as Chelsea get their transfer ban lifted and they start spending money, more will be expected of them so there will be more pressure on Lampard, if he can't deliver and he gets replaced then wouldn't be surprised to see a new manager favour a striker with more of an all round game over Abraham, as good as he is, he's essentially a goal-poacher and not many succesful teams play with those kind of forwards in this day and age.

No he's way more than just a poacher. Even ignoring his good hold up play he scores load of different types of goals just look at his goals this year. Not exactly tap ins. 

He needs to keep improving for sure to keep his place at the very highest level but other than Swansea who were in a terrible downward spiral he keep on proving himself time and time again. 

On 05/12/2019 at 20:24, screwdriver said:

can't believe Villa fans chanting judas kevins name last night.

Ex players should be booed or ignored completly. No wonder wesley had a stinker when he heard the fans chanting for the opposition striker. I was thinking wtf?

Villa have completly been mugged off. Provided him with an eduction then flutters his eyelashes at wolves during the transfer window last year then finally jogs on. He could of gone on strike and forced another loan to villa

His work experience at Villa (scoring 2 out of 8 tap ins a game) came at the expense of Kenian Davis's development. Villa have been left with a striker who will always look for one more pass than have a dip at goal!

he was lucky he was up against our understudy at centre half. same with rashford another over hyped epitomy of english mediocity.

Come on @screwdriver you can do better than that. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Magnificent for Chelsea today.

Didn't get near a goal really.

Worked his balls off and held everything that came his way. Anything he couldn't win, he stopped defenders winning comfortably.

The step down we've made in that position has crippled us.

• Like 4

On 05/12/2019 at 20:24, screwdriver said:

Villa have completly been mugged off. Provided him with an eduction then flutters his eyelashes at wolves during the transfer window last year then finally jogs on. He could of gone on strike and forced another loan to villa

As a result of Tammy's year at Villa, we got promoted and £100m+ to spend. Chelsea got 1 years Championship experience for a player, which he'd already gotten anyway. If anyone's been mugged off, it's Chelsea

You're trolling is not good.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Any chance of Tammy coming back to us next season? Now that Chelsea have Werner? I guess it would require them signing another top striker this summer, as Giroud's stats were surprisingly poor recently and he's not young anymore.

7 hours ago, robby b said:

Any chance of Tammy coming back to us next season? Now that Chelsea have Werner? I guess it would require them signing another top striker this summer, as Giroud's stats were surprisingly poor recently and he's not young anymore.

Ive heard from a friend that has strong connections in chelsea thay lamps and tammy have had a bit of a falling out.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive heard from a friend that has strong connections in chelsea thay lamps and tammy have had a bit of a falling out.

Maybe we could get him back then. Even if it's just on loan and even just for the first half of the season. I read the other day that Lamps has told him he must improve, which I guess was because of his ten games in a row without scoring in the second half of the season. But he scored so many in the first half of the season! Maybe he'd score a lot for us again too.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You don’t need string connections to have heard that to be fair. It’s been doing the rounds for weeks.

Would explain why he seemingly lost his place to Giroud (apart from Giroud being a better player of course)

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You don’t need string connections to have heard that to be fair. It’s been doing the rounds for weeks.

Would explain why he seemingly lost his place to Giroud (apart from Giroud being a better player of course)

One should always be sceptical of leaks like this. They're rarely accidental and usually "leaked" by puppets of the club.

• Like 1

Chelsea would have to be incredibly stupid to sell Tammy this summer.  15 goals is not a bad return in his first season starting regularly for Chelsea. He is still only 22 and favouring Giroud over him can only be  a short term option. Even if he is not a regular starter for them next season I can't see them just giving up on him already.

18 goals in all competitions isn't bad for Tammy in his first season starting at Chelsea. 

I'd break the bank for him if he was available this summer. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

18 goals in all competitions isn't bad for Tammy in his first season starting at Chelsea. 

I'd break the bank for him if he was available this summer. 

All well and good but apparently is overrated and shitter than Watkins and magical Maupay according some Villa fams

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Still misses a fair few chances. Not sure he is good enough for us to be honest. I hope we would have higher aspirations.

Much rather us go in for Lewandowski. He was the real bright spark last night.

Yeah, but you know what they say about players making the jump from the Bundesliga to the Premiership: it's a crapshoot at best, and even when players eventually come good, it usually takes them a year to settle. I'd much rather we stick to Belgium.

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Much rather us go in for Lewandowski. He was the real bright spark last night.

31yo. No resale value. NEXT! 

Â