Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

25 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I'm sure Bolaisie's knee will stand the test for the season...I mean how many step overs and tricks can you do with ball moving high over your head for 90% of the match. :)

If we wanted the fastest guy to chase long balls we should've just signed Usain Bolt, his pace and injury record is second to none.

• Thanks 1

I'd be impressed with this signing. I was thinking its comparable to Snodgrass last season, although Snodgrass we sorta knew would hit the ground running because of his history with Bruce. 

Bolasie I think is potentially better, although I've always thought his end product was a bit lacking, however we know it's a bit of a step down to the championship. So I very much hope we can get this one over the line. 

1 minute ago, PatrickCousens said:

I don't think Bolasie is as good as Snodgrass, but he'd still improve us in a key position. Hope it comes through!

Snodgrass assists and scores more than Bolasie but before the injury Bolasie was probably a lot more exciting although Snodgrass has better stats.

3 hours ago, villanmac said:

Not sure about this one.

He can dribble, sure, but my impression of him has always been that he cant cross for shit, cant shoot (has about 10 attempts a game cutting in and sticking it in row z) and can't **** pass. 

However , he won't be any worse than Adomah. At least he has the pace, trickery and 'threat' to hopefully create a bit of space and open things up for our better players to shine (i.e. Mcginn and Grealish) and, to be fair, when he gets the ball i'll definitely be on the edge of my seat, which I guess is what its all about at the end of the day. There's something about that those kind of players on the left wing when they pick the ball up in front of you in the Holte in the 2nd half and you immediately hear the slamming up seats of as everyone rises to their feet (never happens so much with the right side players for some reason). 

Also, fair play to Bruce too for acknowledging the fact we severely lack pace and trying to correct it.

He will be ok.....we only blame tactics at B6.....He will be fine with us.

11 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I don't think Bolasie is as good as Snodgrass, but he'd still improve us in a key position. Hope it comes through!

Bolassie in his prime was a class or 2 above Snodgrass in my opinion. The question is how far away Bolassie is from his prime now. Because Snodgrass is still a solid performer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

At their best Bolaise was miles better but either way it's irrelevant as it's possible that we can loan bolaise and it's not possible that we get snodgrass on loan as he is/was in the west ham team.

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bolasie is a maverick though. He can be awesome then disappear in games but will be exciting either way

Hope still has blistering pace

That is what I am looking for, someone to bring a bit of excitement to our play, makes VP go from an enjoyable experience to a great one.

VP looks a bloody maverick too. Except for when they are off form, then they are a bunch of lazy greedy shithouses. Ah, we all love a Maverick!!

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

At their best Bolaise was miles better but either way it's irrelevant as it's possible that we can loan bolaise and it's not possible that we get snodgrass on loan as he is/was in the west ham team.

If by miles better you mean less goals and assists in any given season, then yea, you're right. :lol:  

He's more flashy, less effective. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If by miles better you mean less goals and assists in any given season, then yea, you're right. :lol:  

He's more flashy, less effective. 

I hear ya. But it seems to me Bolassie has been effective in the PL and Snodgrass hasn't so much. Yet.

Sometimes a players effectiveness is exaggerated by their skills but then assists and goals don't tell the whole story either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Kodjia

El Ghazi --------------------------------Bolasie

Grealish ----- McGinn

Prem standard ?

If Kodjia starts firing, that midfield/forward line will take some stopping.

It's the 6 bell whiffs behind I'm worried about though. 

• Haha 1

Â