Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely we still need a medical??

I would think his current club hold all his medical info. We have a lot more flexibility with a loan in that we can send him back. I would imagine there's a clause allowing us to cancel the loan if it turns out he's suffering from something that wasn't disclosed to us, so we don't need to do a medical, or at least one as in depth as would be for a full transfer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely we still need a medical??

They give them a once over at Bodymoor Heath apparently with loans. Not as rigorous as if we are buying a player. I’m assuming the in house doctors and medical staff check them out. 

• Like 2

I cant wait to see him at Villa I think if he got back to anywhere near his old form he will be a brilliant addition some teams wont be able to cope with his skill and trickyness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nath_s91 said:

I seen a genuine text from a villa player yesterday saying Bolasie is done. He also said his an absolute baller, I don't know if his saying that from past experience or he trained yesterday maybe

It was the "I seen" that spoilt it for me. 

• Haha 1

Not sure about this one.

He can dribble, sure, but my impression of him has always been that he cant cross for shit, cant shoot (has about 10 attempts a game cutting in and sticking it in row z) and can't **** pass. 

However , he won't be any worse than Adomah. At least he has the pace, trickery and 'threat' to hopefully create a bit of space and open things up for our better players to shine (i.e. Mcginn and Grealish) and, to be fair, when he gets the ball i'll definitely be on the edge of my seat, which I guess is what its all about at the end of the day. There's something about that those kind of players on the left wing when they pick the ball up in front of you in the Holte in the 2nd half and you immediately hear the slamming up seats of as everyone rises to their feet (never happens so much with the right side players for some reason). 

Also, fair play to Bruce too for acknowledging the fact we severely lack pace and trying to correct it.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

From avfctransfers...

One deal very close, no name but a request for a scan on a knee. Soon as I get a name......although it indicated one rumour to be true. Told we are still looking at 3/4.

Did Bolasie have a knee issue? 

Yeah he missed over a year with a knee ligament injury. I’ve read that tweet as they’re not doing a medical on him, just scanning his knee. Good to see we’re taking precaution with him. 

1 hour ago, Nath_s91 said:

I seen a genuine text from a villa player yesterday saying Bolasie is done. He also said his an absolute baller, I don't know if his saying that from past experience or he trained yesterday maybe

Where was this seen (and I don't mean on his phone) if you do not mind me asking?

Â