Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't know what to believe, based on Villa fan reports, he is either Arjen Robben or Adama Traore.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind too much if he was a bit of a traore. He did OK for Boro during the season, and he's playing on the same side as Hutton so it's not like the Scottish Cafu will have him in his pocket like he did traore week in week out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jimcohen said:

Awesome news, little sad for Green, but he can still have an impact in some games and off the bench, but overall, this is a great loan signing IMO. Nice to stuff one to Boro, again!

Or he can fight for his place, prove his worth and become a star. 

• Like 4

If he is back to full fitness this is a super signing. I saw that he played 16 times last year, but only 3 full games. It's a bit of a worry what shape he is in. It seems a bit odd that Everton would spunk out nearly £30M on a player and then loan him out if he is back to full fitness.

It's a bit of a gamble, for me it's 50/50 if he will be a hit or if he will be injured/out of form and be a new Micah Richards. In that case we will have wasted much in wages. I do think it's worth the risk though, not at least because he is such an exciting player to watch, he makes things happen. And I trust the ppl at the club making the judgement that he is in good shape. I thought Everton massively overspent on him, but he is still a very good player.

I also think he fits in to our style of play. Although I would rather have seen a player who is a good passer and good at keeping possession, the direct style of play we have probably suits Bolasie very well, kick it towards his side and let him run with it and see what happens.

All in all, incredible if we manage to loan a £30M player!!! Who would have thought that a month ago. Now I'm just waiting for Tony to announce it with a cryptic tweet!

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

26 minutes ago, Godders said:

To be fair, I wouldn't mind too much if he was a bit of a traore. He did OK for Boro during the season, and he's playing on the same side as Hutton so it's not like the Scottish Cafu will have him in his pocket like he did traore week in week out. 

vhxRCGI.gif

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Godders said:

are we doing that thing where because they've left we forget how utterly shite they were for us? from what i saw of boro last season he was poor for them too and i am flabbergasted as to how he's a premiership player again...

anyway, back on topic, 2 thumbs up from me re: bolasie...i work with a palace fan who speaks very highly of him

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CraigyAVFC1987 said:

Does anybody have any ideas as to when this will be announced ?

My idea would be to get a table and a couple of chairs onto the pitch before tonight's game and do it then and there. :clap:

1 hour ago, jimcohen said:

Awesome news, little sad for Green, but he can still have an impact in some games and off the bench, but overall, this is a great loan signing IMO. Nice to stuff one to Boro, again!

To be fair I was hoping for big things from Green this year but he been pretty poor so far, bearing in mind this is his big chance I find it a little worrying. 

38 minutes ago, John said:

My idea would be to get a table and a couple of chairs onto the pitch before tonight's game and do it then and there. :clap:

No, it's essential we do it immediately in case any Premier League clubs hijack us last minute ?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It would be lovely to see Jack spray a ball out wide to the feet of a winger who then actually does something with it instead of just passing it back, or running into the first defender or lumping a cross over the bar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This one sounds more like the player wants more time to decide, maybe we’ll hear something tomorrow.

Lets hope we put on a good show tonight then. 

Â