Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

Any medical booked yet? If he does decide to join our promotion push rather than be seduced by the bright lights of high flying Middlesbrough then it will give us a major boost and I for one will give him a warm welcome to our club and congratulate him on the decision he has made.

• Like 1

Only just seen we were linked on the BBC today.

Would be impressed with signing. Potentially gives us the 10+ goals we're missing from last season with Albert losing form and Snodgrass leaving.

I think concerns over his recovery since being injured are worthy of consideration. That said, I can't understand people not recognising how good some of his performances for Palace were. He didn't ride on the coattail of Zaha at all. He harassed defenders both down the flanks and through the center.

If he stays fit, regardless of losing some pace, we'd be adding a dimension in attack and another player capable on the ball.

Elmo Chester Tuanzebe Hutton

Hourihane McGinn

Adomah Grealish Bolasie

Kodjia

That team should light up most of the championship, a quality CB away from being better than last seasons team.

Papers are saying he favours a move to Middlesbrough.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Always rated him albeit from a distance, would be a great signing, didn’t Everton pay £25m for him? Surprised they’re agreeing to letting him go

Don't forget Everton love over paying for a player. He they have any hope of recouping any money for him then they need him fit and playing. 

9 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I'll be absolutely thrilled if we can sign Bolasie. Will be by far the best signing we've made since dropping into the Championship if it happens. My only concern would be how he would function in a team managed by Steve Bruce - he just doesn't seem like a player Bruce would ordinarily go for or be able to get the best out of at all. Still, haven't been this excited by a possible signing in a long time.

Since we signed Bacuna?

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Only just seen we were linked on the BBC today.

Would be very impressed with signing. Potentially gives us the 10+ goals we're missing from last season with Albert losing form.

I know Snodgrass was vital for team culture and was equally impressive on the pitch, can't help but feel this would be an upgrade in terms of skiill.

The most he has ever scored in the league at any level is 5 goals, so not sure about that. I do think he'd be excellent at this level though, only red flag is his injury record.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The most he has ever scored in the league at any level is 5 goals, so not sure about that. I do think he'd be excellent at this level though, only red flag is his injury record.

Same could be said for Grealish. Although Bolasie's end product often goes astray, he can certainly create the chances.

What about assists? I'd be surprised if they were the same number as goals, he's always finding space for crosses, and that's more what I was alluding to.

Not sure about this guy.  Don't know why but I get the feeling he thinks he's too good for the championship and might end up staying at Everton.  Hope im wrong, guess we'll see. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Only had double digit assists in one Premier League season. So not as prolific as I thought.

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Same could be said for Grealish. Although Bolasie's end product often goes astray, he can certainly create the chances.

What about assists? I'd be surprised if they were the same number as goals, he's always finding space for crosses, and that's more what I was alluding to.

He has that ability to take players out the game which creates more space for others. Players like him and Jack make a big difference just being on the pitch. They change how the opponent has to approach the game. With him and Jack It’s effectively 2 players on the pitch they will need to try and double up on. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Signing a name rather than ability, not surprised. Yannick is shit, if he proves me wrong then fantastic but I can’t see it

So how does a player get a name without ability. 

Or do you mean he literally has a cool name and that’s why we are signing him? 

• Haha 1

Injury aside I can’t believe any fan can not be excited about this signing. He will rip this league up and it shows serious intent. This is like the Snodgrass loan. 

I love watching him play. Lights game up.

As for the injury. That’s what Medicals are for. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nath_s91 said:

I seen a genuine text from a villa player yesterday saying Bolasie is done. He also said his an absolute baller, I don't know if his saying that from past experience or he trained yesterday maybe

Did he use the term ‘absolute baller?’ ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Can at times look like a poor mans Adama re. End product. If he stays fit, great signing. Flair and pace. About time. Oh yeah, and best thing you did Randolph was give us those facilities. 

Surely not, a poor mans Adama would be, well.... Me, absolutely zero footballing ability. 

19 minutes ago, Nath_s91 said:

I seen a genuine text from a villa player yesterday saying Bolasie is done. He also said his an absolute baller, I don't know if his saying that from past experience or he trained yesterday maybe

whats a baller?

Â