Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just reminded, by all the photos and vids that were released yesterday, that we have such a feel good atmosphere and wonderful team spirit & unity at the club.

The job that Dean has done is remarkable, it can’t be underestimated. Well and truly took us out of the doldrums 👏

We mean business this season 👊 

• Like 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Get it right lads 😆

”We are back boys” 👍

El Ghazi: Look, all this on the bike and weights and so on is great but I need to get out on the pitch. I haven't cut inside and taken a shot since the end of May.

Stewie Shaking - Family Guy GIF - FamilyGuy StewieGriffin Reaction -  Discover & Share GIFs

• 3 weeks later...

Could perhaps move on this Summer. He's done enough for other clubs to be interesting, is coming into his prime and doesn't have that long left on his contract. Not sure his value will be higher than it is now.
He's a frustrating footballer in that he shows flashes of brilliance but ultimately, he's been poor far too often for us to rely on him to take us to the next level. 

If a bid of £10m came in for him I think we'd let him go. Same goes for Trezeguet, but the injury is a problem so will be hard to shift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Could perhaps move on this Summer. He's done enough for other clubs to be interesting, is coming into his prime and doesn't have that long left on his contract. Not sure his value will be higher than it is now.
He's a frustrating footballer in that he shows flashes of brilliance but ultimately, he's been poor far too often for us to rely on him to take us to the next level. 

If a bid of £10m came in for him I think we'd let him go. Same goes for Trezeguet, but the injury is a problem so will be hard to shift. 

TBH, this has been his problem his entire career.  No consistency to his play at any level.  Has little runs of 4-5 games where he looks like he's finally living up to his potential, only to become completely anonymous for the next 4-5.  That said, we got him for peanuts and he can't be on much of a salary.  If he wants to continue to be a bench player for us this season, I'm 100% ok with it, otherwise we should move him on, especially with Bailey looking to come in. 

he is seriously not very good, he just runs in to things or loses the ball, then he insists on taking a well placed free kick and bangs it straight in to the wall, yikes, when you see younger players like Bidace, A.Ramsey and Chuka etc being so comfortable on the ball.

Watching him on the same pitch and Buendia makes him look like a guy who has won a competition to play 45 minutes for Villa in a friendly.

We have Grealish, Buendia and Traore as the AM 3, for me Ghazi just isnt good enough backup, nor Trez (but he's injured anyway), we really do need at least 1 more player this summer who can push traore and offer some genuine competition to the current first choice AM three.

Obviously Bidace and Chuka might get some game time this season, but we really need some genuine high level competition/cover for the current trio.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he is seriously not very good, he just runs in to things or loses the ball, then he insists on taking a well placed free kick and bangs it straight in to the wall, yikes, when you see younger players like Bidace, A.Ramsey and Chuka etc being so comfortable on the ball.

Watching him on the same pitch and Buendia makes him look like a guy who has won a competition to play 45 minutes for Villa in a friendly.

We have Grealish, Buendia and Traore as the AM 3, for me Ghazi just isnt good enough backup, nor Trez (but he's injured anyway), we really do need at least 1 more player this summer who can push traore and offer some genuine competition to the current first choice AM three.

Obviously Bidace and Chuka might get some game time this season, but we really need a more experienced player also to compete.

yawn

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

no just the same old tired ass boring record being played over and over.

opinion does not equal truth, no matter how much you repeat it.

so you think he's a good player??

If so, thats great and your opinion, just as im entitled to mine.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so you think he's a good player??

If so, thats great and your opinion, just as im entitled to mine.

I think he does ok, 

Edit. You're entitled to your opinion I don't get the hate but you have your reasons clearly.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Potential unpopular opinion, but I’d keep him with us for the long term as a squad player. He’s effective enough without being brilliant and doesn’t strike me as the type to kick up a fuss.

In fact, almost the opposite - I feel that if he knows he’s “loved” and comfortable with where he is then he’ll do ‘well enough’ and I think we saw that last season. Perfect squad player. 

This.

A balanced opinion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Potential unpopular opinion, but I’d keep him with us for the long term as a squad player. He’s effective enough without being brilliant and doesn’t strike me as the type to kick up a fuss.

In fact, almost the opposite - I feel that if he knows he’s “loved” and comfortable with where he is then he’ll do ‘well enough’ and I think we saw that last season. Perfect squad player. 

yup. very happy to have him in the squad (and Trez).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Obviously Bidace and Chuka might get some game time this season, but we really need some genuine high level competition/cover for the current trio.

Your opinion is your opinion, and it’s that’s absolutely fine, and an opinion shared by many.

However, Calling him Ghazi is the equivalent of calling Conor McGregor ‘Gregor’

Makes your opinion look kinda shitty if you can’t even get his name right.

A bit like if I said ‘I love Donald’s food.  They make great burgers’.  Now whether that’s right or wrong - it just looks and sounds like a shit opinion. No?

Edit: my bad.  El Ghazi means ‘the Warrior’ ergo ‘Ghazi’ means ‘warrior’

Seems my opinion of surnames is shitty after all 😂

Edited by Thug

Well he certainly is a sellable asset. I just dont get why we would want to? Ten goals in 28 apps for a winger? Plenty of Premier League clubs would love him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Leeds. Bielsa has worked with him before and is a fan. Would be a shame to see him go. Good squad player who can step up when needed.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

43 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s just copying Dean Smith and JT who can regularly be heard calling him Ghazi. Bunch of insensitive disrespectful rapscallions

:trollface:

Lol, seems you’re right

Â