Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Mourinho wants him at Roma? Probably a good move for Anwar. Another player who has played a pivotal part over the last few years for us.

Good move for both him and us if this happens at the quoted fee of around EUR 15M

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Mourinho wants him at Roma? Probably a good move for Anwar. Another player who has played a pivotal part over the last few years for us.

Jorge Mendes as agent, just like Mourinho...

Sell him on while there is an opportunity to sell him and while the price is good because if he doesn't feature muchthis season then his price plummets off that alone.

Edited by Dave-R

https://www.eurocalciomercato.net/2021/07/28/football-insider-roma-el-ghazi-ecco-la-richiesta-dellaston-villa-le-ultime/

Anwar El Ghazi è un obiettivo concreto per l’attacco della nuova Roma di José Mourinho. L’esterno olandese dell’Aston Villa piace molto al tecnico giallorosso al punto che la società della famiglia Friedkin ha già formulato un’offerta ufficiale per il giocatore di Dean Smith. Il Villa, dal canto proprio, ha aperto ad un eventuale cessione estiva di El Ghazi ma è disposta a farlo solo ad una condizione. Nello specifico, secondo quanto riportato da Football Insider, i Villans chiedono 15 milioni di sterline.

Anwar El Ghazu is a firm transfer objective for Mourinho's new Roma. Mourinho likes the dutch winger a lot, so much so that the Friedkin family has already come up with an official offer for Dean Smith's player. Villa, on their part, have opened the door for El Ghazi's eventual sale but with one sole condition. Specifically, as reported by Football Insider, the Villans are asking for £15m.

How long is left on his deal? I like the guy but over the next season or two you want him to be a last resort, not a solid member of the squad. He still completely drifts out of games for an alarming amount of time. Great peg taker no doubt and can hit a long ranger but just like Hourihane, we're outgrowing him, just maybe one season more, unless he pushes on. If he's down to one year left next summer then maybe time to cash in. 

Edited by Wezbid

Just now, Wezbid said:

How long is left on his deal? I like the guy but over the next season or two you want him to be a last resort, not a solid member of the squad. He still completely drifts out of games for an alarming amount of time. Great peg taker no doubt and can hit a long ranger but just like Horihane, we're outgrowing him, just maybe one season more, unless he pushes on. If he's down to one year left next summer then maybe time to cash in. 

I think I read somewhere that he has 2 years left and Villa have not made any efforts to even start talks about renewing his contract at this stage--so would make sense to cash in now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

£15m? Sell, sell, sell. 

Still not found anything solid coming from an Italian source, I've seen the price quoted as €15m and I've seen it said that Roma have only offered €12m. Nothing massively trustworthy though and like I say all the rumours seem to be coming from the UK.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Still not found anything solid coming from an Italian source, I've seen the price quoted as €15m and I've seen it said that Roma have only offered €12m. Nothing massively trustworthy though and like I say all the rumours seem to be coming from the UK.

Even at €15m we should snap their hand ASAP.

But I can't see it happening tbh...they were looking to sign Xhaka from Arsenal but were lowballing arsenal...not sure they have the money 

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

Even at €15m we should snap their hand ASAP.

But I can't see it happening tbh...they were looking to sign Xhaka from Arsenal but were lowballing arsenal...not sure they have the money 

Yeah the Freidkin family keep saying they don't have lots of money to invest, they've just got Mourinho as manager though and I don't think he'd have been interested if they hadn't said he could bring in a few players.

I rate AEG, but with age not on his side, and us needing to offer him a new deal if we want to keep him and still make a profit, then I'd sell for 15m.

He may still prove to be a bargain for someone at that price, but it works for us and would be silly to turn down.  

That assumes we have Bailey coming in.

If we can get anywhere near £15m for AEG then I’d take it. Scored plenty of important goals for us, but bar the odd game, his general contributions in open play aren’t up to much. He’ll probably only be on the bench this season anyway and we have Philogene-Bidace that could take his squad place. 

• Like 1

Â