Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You lot just see Goals it's the rest of his game that lets him down that makes getting 15 million a problem I think.

Plus how many shots does Ghazi need a game before a goal actually goes in? Sure he eventually gets there but there was one game last season I am sure he had over 30 shots in the game without scoring. That is not an attractive thing to look at for the club that wants to buy him.

If scoring goals was easy Heskey would be a Villa legend. How many players have got double figures in the Premier League for us? 

Give me a player who bangs them in and naff all else over someone who does everything but score.

If we get both Bailey and Alvarez then offers should be invited otherwise AEG is a cheap inoffensive substitute who contributed towards our first positive GD in the top division for a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

You lot just see Goals it's the rest of his game that lets him down that makes getting 15 million a problem I think.

Plus how many shots does Ghazi need a game before a goal actually goes in? Sure he eventually gets there but there was one game last season I am sure he had over 30 shots in the game without scoring. That is not an attractive thing to look at for the club that wants to buy him.

You make it sound like every club just signs a player through detailed analysis. Most just look at stats and see how's performing relatively well and then signs them e.g. Bruce getting in Hogan and having no clue then how to use him in our style of play. To lesser extent Hourihane also had that issue in his first 6 months. And Lansbury of course.

Also have a look at what Everton signed in last 5 years.

I'd take 15m for El Ghazi, think only complication is Trez injury as it would leave us very short for wide players going into first few days unless we can get Bailey done but given he's played in Gold cup I doubt he'd be involved until September anyway.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd take 15m for El Ghazi, think only complication is Trez injury as it would leave us very short for wide players going into first few days unless we can get Bailey done but given he's played in Gold cup I doubt he'd be involved until September anyway.

We can keep him till end of august and let him go in the deadline day.

by then we should have fit Traore and Bailey. Also Grealish, Buendia and Young can play on the wings. Plenty of cover, no need for AEG really

So much data analysis nowadays the days of clubs spunking silly money on highlights players and stat padders are long gone. Nobody will come in for "silly money" for AEG and Hourihane.  Clubs are run by scouting departments and analysts and they aren't mugs anymore where managers buy players who scored against them.

Anyway, selling AEG is moot point, nobody is going to give you an offer you can't refuse. We'll keep him because he does have a goal in him and it's always good when you are chasing a game to have someone who can a)bag a penalty and b)shoot for fun.

Hopefully though he doesn't start more than 5 games next season. He is not a good player

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anyway, selling AEG is moot point, nobody is going to give you an offer you can't refuse. We'll keep him because he does have a goal in him and it's always good when you are chasing a game to have someone who can a)bag a penalty and b)shoot for fun.

I don't think it would take silly offer for us to sell him. £10-12 would do it i reckon.

If we get Bailey in we have Bailey,grealish,traore,Buendia,young,jpb who all can play on the wing. There's really no need to keep him around. Pocket small profit on him and get his wages off the bill. His value will only go down from now on 

Edited by Czarnikjak

21 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Not a good player is a bit extreme isn’t it?

He’s a player that would do a job for bottom half table team in the best league in the world. He’s quite a good player, perhaps not the caliber of where we would like to go, but he’s still very very good.

He’s also been a Villa player for 3 years, helped us get promoted, stay up, and banged in 10 goals last year, have some f****** respect.

He has a good job for us, yes, thanks AEG,  he can score goals, but he can't control a football at the best of times, he isn't good.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

We can keep him till end of august and let him go in the deadline day.

by then we should have fit Traore and Bailey. Also Grealish, Buendia and Young can play on the wings. Plenty of cover, no need for AEG really

I see Young just as backup to Targett and also useful for closing out games we're winning in last 20 minutes with the experience he has. Anyone expecting him to be flying up and down the left like the good old days of a decade ago will be disappointed I suspect.

One of Grealish/Buendia will likely be playing number 10 unless we just play 3 CMs every game. If Bailey signs he obviously plays every game so that will push one of those two centrally anyway.

I wouldn't say we're flushed with experienced wide options compared to many of the teams we're trying to finish above. At least Traore and AEG would be good options off the bench for second half so hopefully DS bit more proactive with subs compared to last season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I see Young just as backup to Targett and also useful for closing out games we're winning in last 20 minutes with the experience he has. Anyone expecting him to be flying up and down the left like the good old days of a decade ago will be disappointed I suspect.

One of Grealish/Buendia will likely be playing number 10 unless we just play 3 CMs every game. If Bailey signs he obviously plays every game so that will push one of those two centrally anyway.

I wouldn't say we're flushed with experienced wide options compared to many of the teams we're trying to finish above. At least Traore and AEG would be good options off the bench for second half so hopefully DS bit more proactive with subs compared to last season.

Exactly this, I swear some people don't understand what a squad is..... Our first team has improved with the signing of Buendia (and hopefully Bailey in the near future). Selling anyone though keeps our bench on the shite level. Its the bench that can win you tight matches, its the bench that helps you on a cup run. It is the players on the bench that will need to start when we have an injury to one of our first team players.

Unless players kick off at the thought of competition for their spot, I wouldn't sell anyone!

We need players that were in the first team to now fill our bench, that is how you strengthen the squad!!!

Unless he wants to go, selling AEG is outright madness as I see him as the perfect squad player....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Exactly this, I swear some people don't understand what a squad is..... Our first team has improved with the signing of Buendia (and hopefully Bailey in the near future). Selling anyone though keeps our bench on the shite level. Its the bench that can win you tight matches, its the bench that helps you on a cup run. It is the players on the bench that will need to start when we have an injury to one of our first team players.

Unless players kick off at the thought of competition for their spot, I wouldn't sell anyone!

We need players that were in the first team to now fill our bench, that is how you strengthen the squad!!!

Unless he wants to go, selling AEG is outright madness as I see him as the perfect squad player....

Just to qualify...I'd actually still sell AEG if we started getting serious bids of 15m +......however I also expect a striker who can play wide left to come otherwise we're understocked out wide.

13 hours ago, Awol said:

5 of the 10 being penalties which in most teams the striker would take, and an extremely limited footballing brain, imo.

He likes to admire his saved/missed long range efforts, runs into crowds of defenders and loses the ball, and sometimes simply isn’t up for the fight and goes missing. 

I’d be thrilled to break even on him and get rid if a decent replacement was coming in. £15m is daylight robbery. 

4 being penalties. 6 goals from open play in 18 games worth of minutes. Literally could have scored have 15 minutes had he played twice as many minutes. 

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just to qualify...I'd actually still sell AEG if we started getting serious bids of 15m +......however I also expect a striker who can play wide left to come otherwise we're understocked out wide.

Oh yes I agree too, if someone really wants him and we get coin you can't refuse for him. But to just sell him because people (all coaches btw) think he's "shit", that's the part that was madness to me...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Exactly, me too.

The fact that he has won a Serie A means nothing to me. To me he is just another player, and what he has shown in pre season is being a reliable, steady defender.

Not enough to take the place off Targett but a good squad man.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

20-25 million based on his output minimum 

Yeah I agree. For £10 million you wouldn't be able to even replace him in the squad with a like for like player, let alone improve it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

20-25 million based on his output minimum 

We've been woefully underselling undervaluing our players for years. Even the jack to shitty @£100m is virtually half price. You don't get half off in the new year sales anymore!!!

(Last bit said in my yam yam accent!!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Yeah I agree. For £10 million you wouldn't be able to even replace him in the squad with a like for like player, let alone improve it.

There seems to be this dual valuation system going on for our players against similar in the market with ours always considerably lower (Grealish exempt to a degree) 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We've been woefully underselling undervaluing our players for years. Even the jack to shitty @£100m is virtually half price. You don't get half off in the new year sales anymore!!!

(Last bit said in my yam yam accent!!).

My Mrs Mum from Wednesfield, yer boy one yer got one free

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

There seems to be this dual valuation system going on for our players against similar in the market with ours always considerably lower (Grealish exempt to a degree) 

Exactly, I mean lets not forget El Ghazy only just missed out on a spot in the Dutch squad for the Euros too. His value should be far higher than some people believe.

• Like 3

Â