Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not sure why keepers don't do homework on his penalties. They always the same spot

No they aren't. Against Johnstone he has scored 2 goals going left and 1 going right. 

Or vice versa

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

No they aren't. Against Johnstone he has scored 2 goals going left and 1 going right. 

Or vice versa

Majority are middle wide right. Didn't check every one to confirm

Im sure he didn't really expect to make the final squad.  The provisional squad was named like ours with a couple of extra players to be dropped assuming there aren't injury problems. 

He's only played 2 full international games and they were in 2016.  It would be a massive suprise if he had made the cut. 

If he plays for us regularly next season I'm sure he'll get into the squad and have a crack at a World Cup spot.  It would be hard to ignore someone playing regularly for top half (hopefully much better!) Premier League team. 

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Majority are middle wide right. Didn't check every one to confirm

The graphic they put up before his Chelsea penalty seemed fairly well spread from what I can recall.  Certainly not all in the same place anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Im sure he didn't really expect to make the final squad.  The provisional squad was named like ours with a couple of extra players to be dropped assuming there aren't injury problems. 

He's only played 2 full international games and they were in 2016.  It would be a massive suprise if he had made the cut. 

If he plays for us regularly next season I'm sure he'll get into the squad and have a crack at a World Cup spot.  It would be hard to ignore someone playing regularly for top half (hopefully much better!) Premier League team. 

I'd hope they call him up next international break. They probably couldn't do a complete call up for a player who hasn't played it trained with the squad in 5 years but I imagine he will get some minutes after the tournament in preparation for the WC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

The graphic they put up before his Chelsea penalty seemed fairly well spread from what I can recall.  Certainly not all in the same place anyway. 

Yeah I think it was 4 right. 2 left, 1 into the roof of the net.

Keepers always seek to dive left when he takes pens. The only keeper who has dived left I think is Johnstone who anwar has scored 3 against. 

On 28/05/2021 at 15:21, MotoMkali said:

Mahrez is a **** god. He's the most underrated player in the premier league. Easily city's second best player. And for a lot of games their best. 

Mahrez has been invisible tonight and if El Ghazi had played to the same standard he would have been crucified

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Mahrez has been invisible tonight and if El Ghazi had played to the same standard he would have been crucified

When have I criticised el ghazi.

Every city player but walker and zinchenko has been awful tonight. And zinchenko was at fault for the goal. 

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

When have I criticised el ghazi.

Every city player but walker and zinchenko has been awful tonight. And zinchenko was at fault for the goal. 

Didn’t say you would, but others would and I might have taken the wrong quote, so an apology from me to you 

Edited by Taxahunter

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Not a great night for Citeh.  Chelsea seem to have their number and their full backs didn't let Mahrez or Sterling breathe.

But to compare Mahrez to El Ghazi is just mad!

33 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Not a great night for Citeh.  Chelsea seem to have their number and their full backs didn't let Mahrez or Sterling breathe.

But to compare Mahrez to El Ghazi is just mad!

It is yet El Ghazi scored 1 more league goal than Mahrez in 341 less minutes. He took penalties sure but City would love a reliable penalty taker atm

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It is yet El Ghazi scored 1 more league goal than Mahrez in 341 less minutes. He took penalties sure but City would love a reliable penalty taker atm

Ignores the 6 assists and the stretching of the play that creates space for others.

It is almost like comparing Jack with El Ghazi.  El Ghazi has scored 4 more than Jack.

AEG is, imho, the wing equivalent of Hourihane - he can hit the ball/score goals but doesn't do enough of the other stuff.

Edited by barry'sboots

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just to be clear. It wasn’t me that started the comparison. I think Mahrez is a fantastic player, it was just to back up the argument that even wingers in better teams and more expensive, also have fall-outs and are anonymous in games 

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

Definitely well spread out bottom corner middle top corner he’s a quality penalty taker

• Like 1

If AEG did nothing in between scoring goals he'd actually have no goals.

The goals he scores when the ball comes from the opposite wing happen because of his movement. Matt Targett gets alot of joy down the wing because of AEG's movement.

If AEG literally did nothing Matt Targett doesn't get that joy and space. He also defends better than Traore on the other side (not perfect) you just have to look at the distances between both wide players mentioned and their full backs.

Yes AEG goes to sleep sometimes but his defending has improved big time.

Plot twist. AEG is currently a reserve player for us who had to play due to an injury to an elite world class footballer.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

A newly promoted team or a Newcastle could much worse than put 10-15m on ghazi

oh i agree, i think a newly promoted team would defo benefit from him.

tbh, i also dont have an issue with him being a squad player at Villa, as long as its nowhere near the starting 11.

£15m is too cheap for a player that's just scored 10 goals in 28 premier league appearances from the wing, and his output the season before was't exactly poor either. Wingers with far worse stats and form in the Premier League, have gone for more than that, Costa and Cavaleiro from Wolves come immediately to mind.

• Like 1

Â