Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

There's too many unresolved questions at the moment that can affect Anwars future with us.

1. Is Bailey coming?

2. Any other wide players incoming?

3. Is Jack staying?

4. Is JPB going out on loan?

Once we have answers to the above we will be in better position to assess the need to keep Anwar around and his value to us.

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

There's too many unresolved questions at the moment that can affect Anwars future with us.

1. Is Bailey coming?

2. Any other wide players incoming?

3. Is Jack staying?

4. Is JPB going out on loan?

Once we have answers to the above we will be in better position to assess the need to keep Anwar around and his value to us.

If Bailey comes in, Anwar is off. I don’t think his future is contingent on Jack’s tbh.  

I like Anwar. Always been a fan. Unfortunately for him, if Jack stays we need to offload. 

This is where his value can vary. If a team scouted him and wanted him they'd have to put a bid of 20m to buy him off us. If Jack stays we are will be bloated in his position. We'd have to offer him to clubs and hope someone bites for £12-15m 

On 30/07/2021 at 04:48, RichiBoi11 said:

Our fanbase can be so savage. Yes there's areas where El Ghazy can improve, but people saying getting £10 million for him is ludicrous over value are crazy. Harry Wilson, who had a much worse record when he played in the Premier League, has just gone for £12.5 million to a championship club. A Chelsea Under 23's centre back has signed for Palace for £21 million. The guy scored 10 league goals last season, the value that would add to him can't be underestimated. 

Personally, I'd keep Anwar, he's a big part of our promotion and despite his deficiencies, he's improved every season he's played for us. He's definitely good enough to be a squad player for us, and you don't get anywhere by weakening your squad, as injuries and suspension to the first 11 will then instantly cripple your season.

If I were in charge and thinking of seelling him though, I'd want alot more than £10 million to consider it worthwhile.

It's kind of funny how loyalty only goes 1 way. Desperate for Jack to stay, and calling him a snake if he leaves, but would bite opposition arms off for derisory offers like 10m for Anwar.

• Like 4

Will be interesting to see if he stays or whether we see Bertie and JPB as appropriate backup. Not to mention we supposedly want Cantwell too.

Unless we get an offer of around £20m I think he should. He's not worth a penny less with his output.

There should be no way Anwar leaves for less than £40m. He scored 12 goals last season, only just behind Ollie and currently we now no longer have a right footed left side winger. Even if Bailey plays there sometimes it would be brilliant to have the option of Anwar

On 01/08/2021 at 22:35, Keyblade said:

It's kind of funny how loyalty only goes 1 way. Desperate for Jack to stay, and calling him a snake if he leaves, but would bite opposition arms off for derisory offers like 10m for Anwar.

That's not really how it works. We offered El Ghazi £whatever for however long on a contract, and we will pay the entire contract out unless he chooses to go elsewhere. That's all the 'loyalty' a club can offer.

When it comes to inviting offers... looks like AEG will have less playing time next year since even Traore could be benched a lot of the time. He's a handy one to have in case of injuries and for cups and the like, but if he's going to leave it's better for both club and player that he does it while his stock is high, and you get the  impression that coming off a season with 10 goals it's as high as it will ever be. This is our chance to get a good fee and his chance to get a juicy contract somewhere. If it works out that way then good luck to him. If he's happy to stay and fight for his place then, well, good luck to him too.

Edited by blunther

1 hour ago, SuffolkVillan said:

There should be no way Anwar leaves for less than £40m. 

Seriously? He's not even worth half that. There's a reason we are replacing him. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Time to cash in on this one me thinks.
He's a very, very average player who barely cut it in the Championship.

I'd keep him - as I've said before, he's a brilliant squad player.  Has sufficient ability (obviously inconsistent) and is an excellent pro.  Just never going to kick up a fuss, always going to try his hardest and seems to be a top bloke.

In the world of modern football and all the mercenaries that are out there, Anwar really does strike me as one of the good guys.

• Like 1

Â