Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Christ....

I'm sorry mcginn and barkley have had more bad games than good games this season. Not really my fault but I don't think there has been a single game where I would have said either of them have been in our top 5 players either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sorry mcginn and barkley have had more bad games than good games this season. Not really my fault but I don't think there has been a single game where I would have said either of them have been in our top 5 players either. 

You are entitled to your opinion my friend.

53 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Barkley started really well, McGinn i think has had 2 good games so far and the rest very average.

Grass is always greener in this forum.

Lets face it.  Barkley has been very average so far... but some people here are ready to spunk £40m + £100k+ a week on him.

He’s made 1 assist, and scored 2 goals in 9 games.  He’s strolled around letting people walk past him, and I couldn’t believe it when against Burnley there was a point where he was favourite to get to the ball but the Burnley guy slid in and won it whilst Ross jogged nonchalantly towards it.

He puts in an average of 0.22 tackles per game from a central midfield position.

But El Ghazi is the one that isn’t good enough for us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I have to disagree with you on this one.

McGinn is back to finding his feet and he has got stuck in this season. We are not seeing him run around the pitch like a terrier like we're used to witnessing, but he is still playing a vital role in our team.

He played a wonderful ball through the other night that would have had Pirlo smiling.

Barkley, I would say he had a solid first few games before he missed almost 1/4 of the season with injury. Since he's came back he has looked very poor and disinterested.

As for El Ghazi, he has been u lucky not to have kept his starting place after his recent spike in form.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

McGinn is back to finding his feet and he has got stuck in this season. We are not seeing him run around the pitch like a terrier like we're used to witnessing, but he is still playing a vital role in our team.

He played a wonderful ball through the other night that would have had Pirlo smiling.

Barkley, I would say he had a solid first few games before he missed almost 1/4 of the season with injury. Since he's came back he has looked very poor and disinterested.

As for El Ghazi, he has been u lucky not to have kept his starting place after his recent spike in form.

McGinn shouldn't need to constantly be finding his feet, he should have found them by now.

Playing nice balls for the some of the time doesn't make up from him doing tit all for the rest, he disappears in the last 30 mins.

Agree on Barkley, he just doesn't look fit.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think Ghazi is a player much like Trez who will get a few here and there and then stay silent for large parts of the season and be no where in sight.

Barkley is a massive upgrade and allows us to play Grealish on the left, his passing and running around is just ace.

McGinn is another player who tirelessly runs around and who makes decent passes to players but he also cuts alot out. Alot of people only ever watch or see the player who shoot the ball or score the goal, some never think of the player who caused and affected the play upon that player scoring or shooting, McGinn is often there somewhere and had something to do with it all..

Every right to feel hard done by getting dropped... Not like he came in for a game and did well. He had a run and had form, Barkley gets chance off the bench for me. 

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think Ghazi is a player much like Trez who will get a few here and there and then stay silent for large parts of the season and be no where in sight.

Barkley is a massive upgrade and allows us to play Grealish on the left, his passing and running around is just ace.

McGinn is another player who tirelessly runs around and who makes decent passes to players but he also cuts alot out. Alot of people only ever watch or see the player who shoot the ball or score the goal, some never think of the player who caused and affected the play upon that player scoring or shooting, McGinn is often there somewhere and had something to do with it all..

Barkley is a central midfielder, El Ghazi is a winger they can both play in the same side. Barkley is a huge talent and can hopefully regain his form and England place with us but at the moment he is playing well below that ability.

Edited by VillanousOne

22 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

People saying he deserved to be dropped and stay dropped because his 5 goals were a fluke...

On 29/01/2021 at 12:48, Tomaszk said:

You've got to apply a bit of context to him being "dropped". He would obviously have started v Everton if the covid outbreak never happened as Barkley would have been so far behind him in fitness.

Since then we've had two weeks off and fitness/form has been reset so Smith went with his strongest team, personnel wise. I'd be surprised if we look better as a team with El Ghazi on the pitch than Barkley much this season.

I'd drop Barkley and play Sanson at Southampton, if El Ghazi starts hopefully he bags another.

Still think we'll sell him end of season...last few weeks shown he's not first choice when everyone is fit (if Barkley goes back we'll just sign someone else) and the goal rush should at least show other clubs what he's capable of getting minutes.

With two years left on his deal the optimum time to sell aswell. Traore obviously no chance of leaving anytime soon and suspect we'll decide to keep Trez as he's a good player for games when we won't have as much of the ball so think AEG will be odd one out.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doing a hourihane

"just give him a chance deano!" 

Gets his chance... 

"yeah he's not good enough deano" 

It's almost like this forum is made up of thousands of posters with differing opinions. :D 

Â