Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

If el ghazi is firing he is the best player in the league or did you not know he was 2nd in POTM voting only to the best player on the team that won all their games in December. 

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Still mean we have mcginn who isn't fit and is so lazy when tracking back. 

El Ghazi the best player in the league and McGinn is lazy?

Sod it, I'll take the ban. You're a troll. 

Edited by av1

He was very poor tonight, yet he can sometimes be a useful player, especially against weaker opposition. Need to keep a sense of perspective.

Think it's a shame that this thread often divides into some people claiming that AEG is a genius and others saying he is complete turd. It's very reminiscent of Hourihane.

59 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Personally if we wanted the energy to back up cash on the right we should've started with trez. We live and hopefully learn from this. Ghazi on the left only.

This is exactly my sentiment.  Assume Dean went with Aeg to repay the form he showed before being unfairly dropped, but putting him on the right was a mistake. 

Hope Dean learns AEG is left only, and it hasn't undone the confidence he will have gained from December. 

1 hour ago, Tumblerseven said:

Oh yah? You remember that situation good like first touch good?? Watkins was near suporting el ghazi  why el ghazi didint pass to him? Just dont say he couldnt

He choose to driblle my man. Basic pass and watkins has a ball. 

I mean i can explain what happened if you cant comprehend.

1. Mcginn pases the ball to el ghazi when hes already surounded by 4 players.

2. Mcginn like the smart player slows down and waits for time to defend or stop the counter attack when el ghazi eventualy will loose the ball because hes surounded.

I cant believe you blaming our  midfield players for this situation it blows my mind.

wat1.jpg

He could make that pass to watkins. That is true but one of barkley or mcginn need to be that massive space between their back line and soucek. It would prevent them from crowding like this. 

43 minutes ago, av1 said:

El Ghazi the best player in the league and McGinn is lazy. 

Sod it, I'll take the ban. You're a troll. 

McGinn has been very lazy lately. He doesn't track back. He impresses with presses out of position then he doesn't do anything for 5 minutes because he was recovering from the sprint.

And I think you'll find I already said that I was exaggerating with El Ghazi but he clearly outperforms barkley when both are on top form. Because one is in contention for POTM. The other isn't. 

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He was very poor tonight, yet he can sometimes be a useful player, especially against weaker opposition. Need to keep a sense of perspective.

Think it's a shame that this thread often divides into some people claiming that AEG is a genius and others saying he is complete turd. It's very reminiscent of Hourihane.

Hes poor most night, now and again goes a few games scoring a few it's not bloody good enough at this level.

See him soon as summer comes and buy much better that can do his job.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's not a good footballer either. 

I can't agree with this. He's a good enough footballer to have scored the playoff winner at Wembley and have a big positive impact this season when he's been called upon prior to tonight. Before he was dropped, he was scoring goals, setting up goals, he converted a penalty. He was perhaps unfairly dropped in all honesty. I think he's good enough to have won the starting gig.

40 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Hmm....

There's quite a few posters going on about El Ghazi's performance last night....

... but I didn't see Traore doing much better, if I'm honest.

There was a real malaise to everyone but Watkins. It's like they all did bong hits before the game.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

He was like a ghost out there. Bizarre. Was he being petulant for having been dropped?

Nah he pretty much always had two players on him when he received the ball and got closed down really quickly. He had a bad game by his recent standards but so did most of them, seems odd to just pin it on El Ghazi. Only Watkins was right on it yesterday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Nah he pretty much always had two players on him when he received the ball and got closed down really quickly. He had a bad game by his recent standards but so did most of them, seems odd to just pin it on El Ghazi. Only Watkins was right on it yesterday.

I'm certainly not pinning the loss on Anwar. 

Such a shame! He is a confidence player. 

Nominated for player of the month and goal of the month in December. Scoring 5 goals in 6 games! Nearly catching Jack for his goals scored, that's how insane his form was. 

Then gets dropped for Barkley. No wonder his confidence was shot. Last night though, doesn't matter if youre low on confidence but you gotta be able to do the basics. Last night he couldn't control the ball. 

RW isn't his position. His best attribute is cutting inside. Let Trez compete Traore for that role. 

I really really like Anwar, probably the best technical player we have but he is in last chance saloon now. 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Nominated for player of the month and goal of the month in December. Scoring 5 goals in 6 games! Nearly catching Jack for his goals scored, that's how insane his form was. 

Then gets dropped for Barkley. No wonder his confidence was shot. Last night though, doesn't matter if youre low on confidence but you gotta be able to do the basics. Last night he couldn't control the ball. 

RW isn't his position. His best attribute is cutting inside. Let Trez compete Traore for that role. 

I really really like Anwar, probably the best technical player we have but he is in last chance saloon now. 

‘Probably the best technical player we have’. 

Not a chance.

46 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Traore is better technically.

Anwar is a confidence player, but the problem is it's glaringly obvious he has no confidence in himself 80-90% of the time. He panics on the ball.

I wonder if he was one of the guys with Covid?

He looked absolutely awful last night. I wonder if he is still feeling the effects. it would explain why he was dropped after being on such hot form

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wonder if he was one of the guys with Covid?

He looked absolutely awful last night. I wonder if he is still feeling the effects. it would explain why he was dropped after being on such hot form

Its a factor when assessing any players. Not knowing which players suffered from Covid means its hard to criticise players that have previously been pretty good for us. Douglas Luiz is the one that I particularly wonder about as he has looked nowhere near as effective since we came back from the enforced break.

10 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

wat1.jpg

that in a picture was the difference between us and west ham last night

look at that space between soucek and the CB, no one there

agree with the comment about el ghazi, he doesnt even need to play that in to ollie's feet there's so much space that he can just a 5 yard ball in font of ollie in to all that space and ollie can go get it creating a give and go opportunity, same with mcginn, he doesnt have to play it backwards to him, put it in to an area for him to run in to

Â