Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He's not good enough to start in the PL.

He's useful if you can feed him chance after chance but prepare for him to miss plenty of them.

Traore is miles better. And Trez will give you some defensive solidity that he doesn't.

You can see within 5 mins of any performance if he's going to be of use or if it's one of his off days. He came on last night and you could see he wasn't going to do anything. Everyone bar Jack was very poor from the point of 2-2.

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Agree was harsh for him to be dropped, but when he's come on has looked totally anonymous. Several times yesterday was given the ball in promising atracks and he lost posession every time.

tbf...he wasn't on the pitch for very long! Very little time to get into the pace of the game. It's always difficult coming with very few minutes left to play

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Agree was harsh for him to be dropped, but when he's come on has looked totally anonymous. Several times yesterday was given the ball in promising atracks and he lost posession every time.

The ball needs to be played for him to run on to so he can beat his man. He doesn't have the same close control ability jack has. If he can run at a player though he can beat him.

He also put in 2 promising balls just no one was on the end of them. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He's useful if you can feed him chance after chance but prepare for him to miss plenty of them.

Traore is miles better. And Trez will give you some defensive solidity that he doesn't.

You can see within 5 mins of any performance if he's going to be of use or if it's one of his off days. He came on last night and you could see he wasn't going to do anything. Everyone bar Jack was very poor from the point of 2-2.

When a team sits with 10 men behind the ball and you don't have the talent of grealish it is hard to beat a man. 

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think he’s the type that needs game time to get  a rhythm 12-15mins isn’t enough 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

despite almost winning player of the month and scoring 5 goals??? He was in form and got dropped for a slow, unfit Barkley.

I like Trez but the only argument for playing him seems to be he provides defensive cover, yet he's not a defender and has no end product. If we want defensive cover why don't we just play Elmo of Guilbert and move Cash further forward.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

despite almost winning player of the month and scoring 5 goals???

Yes. Not good enough.

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

He was in form and got dropped for a slow, unfit Barkley.

Barkley is in rough shape, yep. Not impressed with him at all v Burnley. We still looked much worse when he went off and El Ghazi came on.

28 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

despite almost winning player of the month and scoring 5 goals??? He was in form and got dropped for a slow, unfit Barkley.

I like Trez but the only argument for playing him seems to be he provides defensive cover, yet he's not a defender and has no end product. If we want defensive cover why don't we just play Elmo of Guilbert and move Cash further forward.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes. Not good enough.

Barkley is in rough shape, yep. Not impressed with him at all v Burnley. We still looked much worse when he went off and El Ghazi came on.

Just mentioned in the Deano thread re El Ghazi, personally i liken him to John Mabry from Moneyball, he had a hot streak, u gotta realise you just won the jackpot at the cards table and cash out, dont keep betting until you lose, cash out while you are winning.

By this i mean, i dont honestly care if El Ghazi scored 4 in 5 or 5 in 6 (although i was very happy he did), he simply isnt good enough, the 4 in 5 / 5 in 6 was the jackpot at the cards table, now cash out quick before you lose it all.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes. Not good enough.

Lolz, you're too funny.

El Ghazi, Trez and Davis all did nothing off the bench, Anwar has never been an impact player, but he has more than proved he is good enough.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just mentioned in the Deano thread re El Ghazi, personally i liken him to John Mabry from Moneyball, he had a hot streak, u gotta realise you just won the jackpot at the cards table and cash out, dont keep betting until you lose, cash out while you are winning.

By this i mean, i dont honestly care if El Ghazi scored 4 in 5 or 5 in 6 (although i was very happy he did), he simply isnt good enough, the 4 in 5 / 5 in 6 was the jackpot at the cards table, now cash out quick before you lose it all.

so seriously you'd rather dismiss a five goal hot streak as a fluke than actually get behind and support and praise a Villa player when he does well for the club?

The level of delusion on here is incredible at times.

Anwar has plenty of faults but he's scored some important goals for us including one that got us promoted.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Lolz, you're too funny.

El Ghazi, Trez and Davis all did nothing off the bench, Anwar has never been an impact player, but he has more than proved he is good enough.

I think you will find a lot of people dont think El Ghazi is good enough for our first 11, i see the debate that he is worthy of a squad place in our team currently, but if we have any designs on top 6 or top 8 long term, El Ghazi isnt good enough, he's a seriously limited player, in my opinion.

If you think he is good enough, thats great, thats your opinion, but i would have to disagree im afraid.

4 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

tbf...he wasn't on the pitch for very long! Very little time to get into the pace of the game. It's always difficult coming with very few minutes left to play

This was the problem. Subs needed on 70min mark not 80.

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

so seriously you'd rather dismiss a five goal hot streak as a fluke than actually get behind a support a Villa player? The level of delusion on here is incredible at times.

Anwar has plenty of faults but he's scored some important goals for us including one that got us promoted.

delusional?, dont throw that nonsence around please, you have your opinion and i have mine, i support the team, i support El Ghazi when he is doing well, but i dont think he is a particularly good player, thats just an opinion, like yours is.

I will be forever grateful for his input in promotion and staying up, he seems like a really lovely guy, but that doesnt mean by default that he is good enough for a push on the top 6 or 8 in the PL.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I think you will find a lot of people dont think El Ghazi is good enough for our first 11, i see the debate that he is worthy of a squad place in our team currently, but if we have any designs on top 6 or top 8 long term, El Ghazi isnt good enough, he's a seriously limited player, in my opinion.

If you think he is good enough, thats great, thats your opinion, but i would have to disagree im afraid.

And i disagree and that's my opinion, he gets a lot of crap because he is perceived as having a bad attitude.

He is a confidence player and needs a run in the team to produce his best form, he was dropped last season because we needed the defensive cover Trez offered. But he took the chance this season to get a run out in an improved attacking team who are looking up not down and he played really well, his form probably second only to Grealish at times.

• Like 1

Â