Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But he doesn't draw players towards him in the middle, those players are already there... 

That's my point, Jack in the middle makes no difference to west ham, Soucek and rice are already there, that is their position, Jack on the left results in Frederick's covering and sometimes a DMC coming over, it's pulled a player out of position

It's not like Jack will just be in the middle of the pitch though. He'll be drifting around, doubling up on the left and right just like he was today. If Rice and Soucek are a wall in the middle, no problem, create an overload out wide. If Rice or Soucek follow you, guess what, there's space in the middle to exploit now.

Don't get me wrong, Jack is a devastating weapon on the left too but he's only human. There will be teams like West Ham whose entire gameplay will revolve around stopping him, and it's much easier to do that when he's on the left.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You clearly did not watch the games when el ghazi started prior to today. Chelsea played the best DM in the world against him and he ate him alive how are we going to act like rice does something against Jack when the team is spread by wingers. Also if they are crowding jack then they aren't crowding Luiz and mcginn. So we have more possession. 

I've watched the last 5 years where Jack has predominately played on the left... 

If everyone is fit and firing we are better jack left Barkley middle 

What's becoming apparent is that we need someone better than Barkley 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Barkley was worse. Should have pulled him at least we could have put Jack in the middle and have had 2 attacking wingers in instead of trez. 

100% agree re: Barkley being poor.  I’ve wanted him dropped for a few weeks now, AEG left, Traore Right, and JG in the middle.  Barkley is a luxury we don’t need, and was awful today.  I thought it was really unfair to drop AEG for an unfit Barkley.

HOWEVER, as bad as Barkley was, those 45 minutes from AEG have to be the worst I’ve seen from any Villa player this season.  

I would still start him LW next match though, at the expense of Barkley, because we looked good like that.

Just now, villa4europe said:

I've watched the last 5 years where Jack has predominately played on the left... 

I agree with this. Simply because Barkley is theoretically better than Anwar. It really depends on personnel. Will be interesting to see how this shapes up next season.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But he doesn't draw players towards him in the middle, those players are already there... 

That's my point, Jack in the middle makes no difference to west ham, Soucek and rice are already there, that is their position, Jack on the left results in Frederick's covering and sometimes a DMC coming over, it's pulled a player out of position

No point in pulling those guys out of position, when our player who is supposed to take advantage of that space is too slow to actually bloody react or do anything with the damn ball before it’s nicked off his feet.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If el ghazi is firing he is the best player in the league or did you not know he was 2nd in POTM voting only to the best player on the team that won all their games in December. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I agree with this. Simply because Barkley is theoretically better than Anwar. It really depends on personnel. Will be interesting to see how this shapes up next season.

I mean no he isn't. Barkley at his best vs Anwar at his best. 

4 goals in 5 starts and some very good balls that should have been scored. Or Barkley who is like 2 goals 2 assists in 10. Which has basically been his best output since signing for chelsea.

7 minutes ago, Thug said:

100% agree re: Barkley being poor.  I’ve wanted him dropped for a few weeks now, AEG left, Traore Right, and JG in the middle.  Barkley is a luxury we don’t need, and was awful today.  I thought it was really unfair to drop AEG for an unfit Barkley.

HOWEVER, as bad as Barkley was, those 45 minutes from AEG have to be the worst I’ve seen from any Villa player this season.  

I would still start him LW next match though, at the expense of Barkley, because we looked good like that.

tbh, i would start with the AM 3 as Grealish, Sanson, Traore.

El Ghazi shouldnt be anywhere near that starting 11, he's terrible....not sure how many times he needs to show us that before we catch on!

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope we see very little of him starting in the PL for us.

He is what he is. Some pens and a worldie don't make up for him being too scared to perform consistently.

He’s better than Barkley, and actually our own player to boot. Is nowhere near £100k a week or £30-40m fee.

I hope we see plenty of him starting for us in place of an overhyped, unfit (?lazy) loan player.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbh, i would start with the AM 3 as Grealish, Sanson, Traore.

El Ghazi shouldnt be anywhere near that starting 11, he's terrible....not sure how many times he needs to show us that before we catch on!

Still mean we have mcginn who isn't fit and is so lazy when tracking back. 

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

He’s better than Barkley, and actually our own player to boot. Is nowhere near £100k a week or £30-40m fee.

I hope we see plenty of him starting for us in place of an overhyped, unfit (?lazy) loan player.

No he's not. Well... maybe he could be, but he's too timid to show it consistently in the PL.

They should both be on the bench against Arsenal, no doubt.

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If el ghazi is firing he is the best player in the league or did you not know he was 2nd in POTM voting only to the best player on the team that won all their games in December. 

Nah no way you are not serious you trolling. Im 100% convinced that you trolling.

By the way i searched for el ghazi surounded by 3 situation you talked about i found it.

5:55 i suggest to everyone go look at it and imagine that this guy blames our midfield for not suporting el ghazi in that situation.

No one in the right mind would blame el ghazi for losing the ball in that situation. He received the ball surounded by 4 players he couldnt pass the ball to anyone from that situation when they closed him why you blaming other players for not suporting him. 

Edited by Tumblerseven

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

Nah no way you are not seriuos you trolling. Im 100% convinced that you trolling.

By the way i searched for el ghazi surounded by 3 situation you talked about i found it.

5:55 i suggest to everyone go look at it and imagine that this guy blames our midfield for not suporting el ghazi in that situation.

No one in the right mind would blame el ghazi for losing the ball in that situation. He received the ball surounded by 4 players he couldnt pass the ball to anyone from that situation when they closed him why you blaming other players for not suporting him. 

Because why were 4 players able to press him? There was space to pass out of one of our men came short.

Also best player in the league was an exaggeration but he was 2nd in POTM voting and at left winger he has an average rating of 8.06 which is higher than Grealish. 

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Because why were 4 players able to press him? There was space to pass out of one of our men came short.

Also best player in the league was an exaggeration but he was 2nd in POTM voting and at left winger he has an average rating of 8.06 which is higher than Grealish. 

Oh yah? You remember that situation good like first touch good?? Watkins was near suporting el ghazi  why el ghazi didint pass to him? Just dont say he couldnt

He choose to driblle my man. Basic pass and watkins has a ball. 

I mean i can explain what happened if you cant comprehend.

1. Mcginn pases the ball to el ghazi when hes already surounded by 4 players.

2. Mcginn like the smart player slows down and waits for time to defend or stop the counter attack when el ghazi eventualy will loose the ball because hes surounded.

I cant believe you blaming our  midfield players for this situation it blows my mind.

wat1.jpg

Edited by Tumblerseven

Â