Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 15/02/2021 at 09:49, TRO said:

He's hardly a Harvey Barnes or a Jack Harrison  is he.....thats what i mean by work.

He has scored a few goals granted.....but his overall work rate is not on par with them above....he doesn't tantalise defenders with his wing play, does he?

No he’s not.  And Ross Barkley is hardly a Bruno Fernandes.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. 

On 14/02/2021 at 22:21, MotoMkali said:

Except Hourihane kept us up. So yes he was the answer and maybe just maybe the player who scored 5 in 6 against teams of a similar calibre to the ones we are struggling to beat is better than someone who makes less than 0.2 tackles a game. Is lazy with his passing and his running. Who never shows for the ball and has been an all-round worse player in the last 7 than drinkwater was for us. At least drinkwater tried. 

Drinkwater tried!!? He needn’t have bothered if that’s the case. 

I like Anwar and have always liked him. He didnt deserve to get dropped when he did and his work ethic has really improved this season. People say he was bad against West Ham, but so was the whole team, I don't know why he is being made scape goat.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I like Anwar and have always liked him. He didnt deserve to get dropped when he did and his work ethic has really improved this season. People say he was bad against West Ham, but so was the whole team, I don't know why he is being made scape goat.

In retrospect Anwar was harshly dropped and I would like to see him back in soon. 

But he's not a scape goat for West ham. That first half is the worst performance I've seen from anyone this season and maybe including last season. 

Dean Smith doesn't take people off at half time, however he was absolutely right to do so then.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In retrospect Anwar was harshly dropped and I would like to see him back in soon. 

But he's not a scape goat for West ham. That first half is the worst performance I've seen from anyone this season and maybe including last season. 

Dean Smith doesn't take people off at half time, however he was absolutely right to do so then.

And still it got even worse after he was subbed...Why wasnt Traore, Barkley or McGinn being pulled of at halt time against Brighton? Those 3 made more mistakes in that one game compared to what I have made in my entire football career

Edited by Taxahunter

18 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Because unlike when other people have stinker's the bloke just gives up. Barkley can have a stinker and produce a moment of magic, a moment of aggression. Conor can have a stinker and whip one in from 20 yards.

Anwar has a stinking touch the first 5 minutes or lashes a shot wind and you can see his head just go in front of your eyes.

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Because unlike when other people have stinker's the bloke just gives up. Barkley can have a stinker and produce a moment of magic, a moment of aggression. Conor can have a stinker and whip one in from 20 yards.

Anwar has a stinking touch the first 5 minutes or lashes a shot wind and you can see his head just go in front of your eyes.

I would love to see a moment of aggression from him.  So far all I’ve seen in the form of aggression is his pathetic attempts at a tackle by putting both his hands on the oppositions back and gently push them.

2 hours ago, Thug said:

I would love to see a moment of aggression from him.  So far all I’ve seen in the form of aggression is his pathetic attempts at a tackle by putting both his hands on the oppositions back and gently push them.

At least he is backtracking and following his opponent, something that Traore have difficulties to do 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

In all fairness to Anwar he was stuck on the right and is far more effective on the left but that would mean Jack going back in the middle as a ten which is no bad thing IMO 

Anwar isn't good enough for where we are trying to get to. Nice lad, talented, but lacks the intelligence and mindset to succeed from what I have seen. He is a good championship level player.

He deserved to be dropped as he played badly. Apart from a decent performance against Chelsea his other 2 good performances were against bottom feeders. He should've had a hattrick against Burnley but we came away with a nil nil.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

And still it got even worse after he was subbed...Why wasnt Traore, Barkley or McGinn being pulled of at halt time against Brighton? Those 3 made more mistakes in that one game compared to what I have made in my entire football career

image.png.e86344e1f7b46be07a820e7ff2f5c180.png.a924937701121c0646a9018caa571c40.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Anwar isn't good enough for where we are trying to get to. Nice lad, talented, but lacks the intelligence and mindset to succeed from what I have seen. He is a good championship level player.

He deserved to be dropped as he played badly. Apart from a decent performance against Chelsea his other 2 good performances were against bottom feeders. He should've had a hattrick against Burnley but we came away with a nil nil.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

Not having that no way he deserved to be dropped scored 5 in 6 and was dropped 

He had a bad half when he came back in for West ham this was when he hadn't played for a few games

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not buying this played out of position stuff. Just because you are put on the opposite wing it doesn’t mean you should forget how to play football. He had a shocker, simple as.

It did seem very unusual for Dean to sub someone at half time.  He was so poor I have an inkling he was one of the ones who suffered worst with covid but obviously we aren't privy to that information.

18 hours ago, Thug said:

No he’s not.  And Ross Barkley is hardly a Bruno Fernandes.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. 

No he's not too.

The point I am making is ,The one you have just got....he doesn't work hard enough.....2 wrongs don't make a right.

when does he break his neck to get in the game.....he just comes alive, when the ball is played in to him.

if you like him fine.....i think he is a luxury.

Â