Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It was Southampton. Wanted to save himself for the cup final 8 days later.

Good on penalties though! Problem will be he might not be on the pitch next time we get one so debate of who takes the next one can still go on although DS said post match it would've been Jack if AEG didn't fancy it so that's the likely answer.

He probably would have taken the penalty vs Brighton as well as he was on the pitch

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has 38 goals 11 assists from 70 appearances at CF which is way better record than Josh King at CF yet loads wanted him preseason

If Ollie gets injured in the near future, I can see it being Traoré who gets the nod up front. As you say, his record is decent there. I’m sure somebody has previously posted that he only lost favour before he joined us because he was moved out wide by a new manager.

• Like 1

I really admire the camaradre in the team. It's so refreshing. I criticised AEG at the Everton game, but nobody deserves that sort of abuse. Social media empowers the worst impulses of our fanbase. Shameful. I hope people are reflecting on what Mings's said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

League Cup loss. Think one other (Lansbury?) disabled theirs, too.

Ah yeah I remember now. It was this season too! Wow. Seem to remember Marvelous also deactivating. That was our first loss all season. Shameful reaction.

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I really admire the camaradre in the team. It's so refreshing. I criticised AEG at the Everton game, but nobody deserves that sort of abuse. Social media empowers the worst impulses of our fanbase. Shameful. I hope people are reflecting on what Mings's said.

And I remember your critiscm being about his football only and nothing personal. The way it should be.

Respect!

Personally I hope he's replaced asap. He can strike a ball and I'm not surprised he scored the penalty. Most of us placed him on a 3-4 man list of potential pen takers because of that.

But he's just not the quality we need.

It's fair enough from Mings mind. Pretty daft to send abuse to players.

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've never got why people are so quick to turn on El Ghazi. He was good for us in the championship and was a key part of our promotion. Whilst struggling at times he also contributed to our survival. 

I sometimes feel like his head drops when he's low on confidence, and he doesn't put the effort in, I can see why he frustrates people. The balls on the man to step up and take the penalty yesterday impressed me though, and there's a half decent player there on his day, probably not in the PL though, as you say. 

Certainly doesn't justify the abuse he received though. It had passed me by originally, but I've seen some examples, and **** hell, people on social media are just the worst. We get some people getting angry and posting over the top and personal things on here sometimes, but Twitter and Facebook comment threads are just disgusting. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've never got why people are so quick to turn on El Ghazi. He was good for us in the championship and was a key part of our promotion. Whilst struggling at times he also contributed to our survival. 

He's not a premier league player, but I've never understood why that deserved the abuse he got. 

I think there’s more too him. More confidence, a better work rate and he’s got something to offer. Seems like a nice enough guy, can’t see why he’s received any abuse. That’s social media for you.

Â