Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 15/12/2020 at 12:24, gilbertoAVFC said:

Aside from the fact El Ghazi and Trezeguet are potentially playing with actual confidence now, how have you written this entire essay without even acknowledging that we signed Traore, who is a right-winger...?

Because maybe I acknowledged that in a previous post 😉🤭

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2020 at 13:03, a-k said:

Let him start against Burnley. Sure, he only scored a penalty, but in reality he won us 3 points and earned a shot in the starting line-up. Will also keep Traore on his toes knowing he has to do more too.

Oh yeah Ghazi won us the three points by himself, it's got nothing to do with McGinn doing most of the work in making that run that led upto the penalty.

Ghazi scored great, he had to put the ball in the net under some pressure fantastic but he did not win us the three points on his own, the whole team that played 90+ mins enough to see it nearly a draw did that. If Ghazi can get some confidence that will set him on fire like he were in the championship then that is absolutely brilliant, but let's not get carried away. If Ghazi doesnt make this happen on his next few games when hes given another chance by Smith, if it leads us to playing worse on the field how many of you are going to keep taking his side that hes first team capable.

I do wish we could get off this a talk of abuse that happened way back when we played stoke, it is side tracking from what the real topic which should be about which is Ghazi as a player in the first team and nothing else.

I have yet to see enough of a performance from Ghazi to Warrent a first team start. When I see Smith digging that deep, i get the feeling that Smith feels desperate to find someone who can make that right flank work properly a quarter good as Grealish. We will not find that in Ghazi or Trezegeut and time will tell on Traore (I've seen a fair bit of nice trickery from the lad), but we have to have patience there on him. I just feel time is running out on Ghazi and Trez, that if they do not pull there socks up that come summer and the Owners dig deep again Trez or Ghazi will be sold and I've a feeling and I know I would rather keep Trezegeut on board. If those two lads are going to do something then they have to start soon, if they continue on this way till end of the season I do not see any point in keeping them here for a third (Ghazi a 4th).

Edited by Dave-R

Traore, who other than a moment or two did absolutely nothing v Wolves, has played more than a half of football only twice for us in the league. I'm not writing Traore off, but with Trez is out for the time being, I'm sure we could do much worse than giving AEG a shot when we've got games coming thick and fast.

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nzogbia towards his end here genuinely popped up in my head as one who really didnt care to do well for us, upon reading this.

There is always an exception to every rule JV.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Oh yeah Ghazi won us the three points by himself, it's got nothing to do with McGinn doing most of the work in making that run that led upto the penalty.

Ghazi scored great, he had to put the ball in the net under some pressure fantastic but he did not win us the three points on his own, the whole team that played 90+ mins enough to see it nearly a draw did that. If Ghazi can get some confidence that will set him on fire like he were in the championship then that is absolutely brilliant, but let's not get carried away. If Ghazi doesnt make this happen on his next few games when hes given another chance by Smith, if it leads us to playing worse on the field how many of you are going to keep taking his side that hes first team capable.

I do wish we could get off this a talk of abuse that happened way back when we played stoke, it is side tracking from what the real topic which should be about which is Ghazi as a player in the first team and nothing else.

I have yet to see enough of a performance from Ghazi to Warrent a first team start. When I see Smith digging that deep, i get the feeling that Smith feels desperate to find someone who can make that right flank work properly a quarter good as Grealish. We will not find that in Ghazi or Trezegeut and time will tell on Traore (I've seen a fair bit of nice trickery from the lad), but we have to have patience there on him. I just feel time is running out on Ghazi and Trez, that if they do not pull there socks up that come summer and the Owners dig deep again Trez or Ghazi will be sold and I've a feeling and I know I would rather keep Trezegeut on board. If those two lads are going to do something then they have to start soon, if they continue on this way till end of the season I do not see any point in keeping them here for a third (Ghazi a 4th).

He has to work hard Dave....we know he has talent, but, alone, its not enough....see how hard Grealish works.

Â