John McGinn

PompeyVillan

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let's hope he's fired up in a productive way, not a destructive one. 

I think he got the crowd going and was our brightest performer during the game - I think he was very unlucky with the red card IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think he got the crowd going and was our brightest performer during the game - I think he was very unlucky with the red card IMO.

IMO the only one on the pitch that really wanted to win this game. He chased everything, he won a lot, he was like a terrier all game.

• Like 1

It might not be popular but he was a shit as everyone else, I don't know where this idea that he was playing well or the only one to be comes from. Running around like a headless chicken flying into challenges doesn't change that. He rightly got sent off for being reckless and completely finished us off when only 2 nil down and over 30 mins left to play. Forcing us to forget any chance of getting back into the game. Then to listen to the crowd chant his name after being sent off like some warrior was utterly cringe. He's one of the main reasons we lost that game or at least had no chance of getting back into it. But yeah.....well done.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

IMO the only one on the pitch that really wanted to win this game. He chased everything, he won a lot, he was like a terrier all game.

Don't talk stupid. Every player wants to win. 

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It might not be popular but he was a shit as everyone else, I don't know where this idea that he was playing well or the only one to be comes from. Running around like a headless chicken flying into challenges doesn't change that. He rightly got sent off for being reckless and completely finished us off when only 2 nil down and over 30 mins left to play. Forcing us to forget any chance of getting back into the game. Then to listen to the crowd chant his name after being sent off like some warrior was utterly cringe. He's one of the main reasons we lost that game or at least had no chance of getting back into it. But yeah.....well done.  

Nonsense. McGinn was showing an energy to claw the game back and was very close to assisting Zaniolo to make it 2-1. Also winning a lot of duels and setting the tempo just before he was wrongly sent off. No. Lets hurl abuse at McGinn instead.

28 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Don't talk stupid. Every player wants to win. 

Every player WANTS to win - only one or two made the effort to try and win yesterday. Name someone else that played yesterday that worked harder than McGinn?

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Nonsense. McGinn was showing an energy to claw the game back and was very close to assisting Zaniolo to make it 2-1. Also winning a lot of duels and setting the tempo just before he was wrongly sent off. No. Lets hurl abuse at McGinn instead.

Wrongly sent off... LMOA!! Get out of here with the nonsense. I'm sure everyone was patting him on the back in the dressing room after. 😂

5 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Every player WANTS to win - only one or two made the effort to try and win yesterday. Name someone else that played yesterday that worked harder than McGinn?

Of course. There were a lot of timid/tired performances in the second half - McGinn actually was making a difference at 2-0 down. If only a few more were willing to show a bit more energy and intent we would have got back into it.

5 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

So what your saying is Emery is picking players that aren't interested in winning? You know how stupid that sounds.

It's not just hard graft that wins games.

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Wrongly sent off... LMOA!! Get out of here with the nonsense. I'm sure everyone was patting him on the back in the dressing room after. 😂

Too busy looking in the mirror?

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Too busy looking in the mirror?

You need to look in the mirror yourself claiming he was wrongly sent off. Take your rose tinted spectacles off first though.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

So what your saying is Emery is picking players that aren't interested in winning? You know how stupid that sounds.

It's not just hard graft that wins games.

Again, who worked harder than McGinn yesterday? You haven't answered.

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

Again, who worked harder than McGinn yesterday? You haven't answered.

Everyone that was on the pitch for the additional 35 mins 

You couldn't possibly say it is a defo red. Some challenges (not reds) this weekend have already contradicted McGinn's red too. A lot of qualified people were saying it was a yellow.  I'm choosing to back our captain, obviously some want to throw him under the bus and want him to be abused by his own fans rather than cheered/backed for trying to tilt the performance. I apologise for getting behind a guy that has served us so well over the last six years.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let's hope he's fired up in a productive way, not a destructive one. 

He'll be stripped of the captaincy if he gets sent off again this season. Emery is type of manager who keeps a tight reign on discipline so won't tolerate another show of ill discipline like that from SJM or anyone else.

After Thursday the rest will do him good as he won't be available until 6th April. Hopefully Scotland don't overplay him in the friendlies they have.

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Everyone that was on the pitch for the additional 35 mins 

So Tielemans, Bailey, Luiz and others worked harder than Ginny yesterday? They were on the pitch longer, but I didn't see a single one of them making the effort he did

Â