John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Have we ever had a worse captain? Since he was made captain he has been so poor. Done nothing whatsoever in 9 games . He looks another who is totally inhibited by this Gerrard anti football.  

Lost weight and lost everything good about him. Great bloke but no captain. 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That header was the only piece of entertainment in the game. I actually laughed out loud when I seen him. I can't even call it audacity.

It was comically bad. It was like a car crash in slow motion. Just awful. Awful, awful, awful.

Captain crunch is more a captain than mcginn is.

That diving header jesus christ it was one of the most embarrassing things ive seen drom a villa player. Any player that plays football runis to that with his feet and 90% of the time scores.

Mcginns crap and needs to be dropped

Edited by Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Captain crunch is more a captain than mcginn is.

That diving header jesus christ it was one of the most embarrassing things ive seen drom a villa player. Any player that plays football runis to that with his feet and 90% of the time scores.

Mcginns crap and needs to be dropped

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of McGinn being dropped. None at all. Zip.

He starts every single match this season with Gerrard in charge. We all dream of a lineup without him in it. We tinker. We create fancy formations and line ups using third party websites. But it’s futile. 

John McGinn starts every match for Aston Villa under Gerrard. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of McGinn being dropped. None at all. Zip.

He starts every single match this season with Gerrard in charge. We all dream of a lineup without him in it. We tinker. We create fancy formations and line ups using third party websites. But it’s futile. 

John McGinn starts every match for Aston Villa under Gerrard. 

He reminds Gerrard of himself. An inability to control a game through short passing, he's all about vacating the midfield through lung-busting runs into the box, Hollywood passes and Hollywood shots from distance.

• Like 1

If we’re being honest he hasnt been good enough since he came back from that injury during the first season back. We havent progressed because we still havent upgraded that midfield whilst everyone we want to compete with have. Typical we get a dud manager who loves him and installs him as the new captain.

Hopefully the next gaffer will work around meritocracy instead of nepotism. Not much to ask is it? Maybe you will get a better performance out of your team and morale will be higher.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Have we ever had a worse captain? Since he was made captain he has been so poor. Done nothing whatsoever in 9 games . He looks another who is totally inhibited by this Gerrard anti football.  

He's been this exact player since he's been injured and honestly was the same in the 5 or so games prior to his injury as well. 

Even when McGinn has been crap, you can at least say he puts himself about and gets involved.

But he didn't last night. He was completely anonymous. That awful header was about the only time I noticed him all game

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even when McGinn has been crap, you can at least say he puts himself about and gets involved.

But he didn't last night. He was completely anonymous. That awful header was about the only time I noticed him all game

No you can't. Stop perpetuating that lie. He does like 3 big thinks a game. Maybe a long ball, maybe a crunching tackle, maybe a highlight press. That doesn't mean he's involved. Most of the time he's letting his man run free, he's missing key passes or he's static off the ball the ball on offence and defence so he's not an option to pass to. Nor does he press when the rest of the team is pressing. 

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No you can't. Stop perpetuating that lie. He does like 3 big thinks a game. Maybe a long ball, maybe a crunching tackle, maybe a highlight press. That doesn't mean he's involved. Most of the time he's letting his man run free, he's missing key passes or he's static off the ball the ball on offence and defence so he's not an option to pass to. Nor does he press when the rest of the team is pressing. 

It wasn't meant to be a defence. He's been completely shit this season.

"being involved" isn't a compliment. All it means is he usually puts some effort in. Last night he didn't even do that

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is still better than Micah Richards though he is declining to the level rapidly

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He reminds Gerrard of himself. An inability to control a game through short passing, he's all about vacating the midfield through lung-busting runs into the box, Hollywood passes and Hollywood shots from distance.

Spot on

The guy wants to dress like a chicken at training, you can't give that guy the captaincy.  Gerrard has ruined him.  He's always been a "patchy" player, with 15/20 mins a match where you think "holy shit, this guy is the real deal", but we don't even get that from him now :(

Bring back the chicken man. 

I disagree that making him Captain has made any difference to his performances. They were shit before and continue to be shit.

He's never looked like a Premier League player for any appreciable amount of time. His production is pathetic and he's chronically slow.
He makes Gareth Barry look like Usain Bolt but with none of Barry's positives. I cannot wait until I see Villa team sheets without him in them. I die a little inside every time I see him in the starting lineup.

Â