John McGinn

PompeyVillan

How Gerrard looked at him and thought "yep, captain material" is one the most baffling things I've seen under Gerrard. And there's a lot to pick from.

Shambolic decision, he's getting worse and worse and at this point I feel sorry for him, any other player would get dropped, get relieved of all the pressure, get a clean slate to work hard and hopefully earn his place back.

Nobody is benefitting from his unstoppableness. Other than Gerrard saving face after making him captain. Except he isn't saving face.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

I don’t think the fans should be turning on John he loves the clubs and no matter how bad he is playing he is still giving 100%

People wouldn't if he was removed from the first 11 and earned his place back into a starting role.

As that doesn't seem likely to happen , what do you expect people to do when seeing the same or worse from him every week ?

Cheer him on ? Giving the slippy bin dipper justification for playing him ? 'Oh look the crowd can see what I see in him, I'm correct leaving him on despite the insipid performances and lack of any cohesion in the middle' 

He needs removing and basic management of the first 11 needs to take place.

None of that will happen under the gypsy Kings watch.

He's a player who likes to play further forward, as a 10 or as one of the two players playing behind the striker. 
He's not good enough at this level to play in a deeper, central midfield position. It's painful to watch at this point. 

It's the same for Ramsey really.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

just kick it....

that just looks like a belly flop header, something you might see in the over 55's Sunday league.

Its just comical, its so bad im not even mad, its just so inept its funny.

My Captain......

Â