John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He has started every single Premier League game so far this season.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after making him captain I vaguely remember Gerrard saying something like he wouldn't be guaranteed to start now that he's captain.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after making him captain I vaguely remember Gerrard saying something like he wouldn't be guaranteed to start now that he's captain.  

The man who constantly lies to fans about picking players on form or making wholesale changes

We all expected this

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I knew at the time that was a load of rubbish though. He was a 90 minutes player even before he was made captain. It's absolute ludicrous.

• Like 1

McGinn has been off it for a long time but he doesn’t deserve the abuse. He’s been a good servant to Villa and I’m grateful for what he’s done but he should be dropped. If anyone deserves the abuse it’s our hapless and hopeless head coach who’s a total fraud.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Quiet here today but 1st half was certainly the best he has played in months, should have had an assist and probably a goal. Tired himself out 2nd half

all well and good, but that phase of play where he had the ball right by the goal, 1 or 2 players to square it to with an open goal, and chose to shoot.

I wasnt even mad, i just laughed, add that to his belly flop last week, shouldnt be in the starting 11, seriously.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

all well and good, but that phase of play where he had the ball right by the goal, 1 or 2 players to square it to with an open goal, and chose to shoot.

I wasnt even mad, i just laughed, add that to his belly flop last week, shouldnt be in the starting 11, seriously.

I just knew he would do it, I think it would have been blown for a foul anyway but yes completely headless

• Sad 1

Totally agree. Even with the Mings assist for Mount, McGinn should have anticipated he was going to make an arse of the clearing header and followed the runner. Also, the free kick, should have guessed Emi was going to move to his right where he could have ran back onto the line and headed it clear. Definitely McGinn’s fault for both goals. If Villa had 10 Ollie Watkins playing outfield, we would be challenging for Europe. 
Onviously a tongue in cheek post and I have been calling for McGinn to be taken out the firing line but the criticism of him, when others have been pretty poor also, has been over the top, in my humble opinion. 

Â