John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Said it the other night and will reiterate - right offer comes in I’d sell. If we’ve got to sell someone for pure profit to reinvest then  out of Luiz, Ramsey & McGinn its McGinn every time for me. Selling a player at the right time is something we’ve been crap at for years. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Indigo said:

At least Spurs are stuttering as badly as we are right now. You'd think that of their remaining 3 games, the likelihood is that they come away with 6 points, so if Liverpool can see this out it's huge for Villa.

Also they play 3 games in a week

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Yeah I just have so little respect for some of our fans tbh. Miserable polishers of rockets.

He's been absolutely quality 85% of the season and is just knackered in our most intense position. Also playing way deeper than he'd want to be. Can't believe people are slagging him off. We'd be nowhere near fourth without McGinn.

No one is slagging , but his not immune to criticism. I maintain he goes missing when the heat is on and it's happened last 2 games. That's why Martinez should be captain he stands up when we need him to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Good grief I'm starting to think David O'Leary was right. 

He's been captain in our best ever Premier league season. 

Yes he's had a dip in form, but so have lots of others. 

He does have some glaring limitations though

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

He CAN play in a 2 with Dougie, he did it last season when Kamara was out and we were winning game after game.

He can, however, I think we were a lot more defensively sound last season, with very little injuries during the run in and we also had Ramsey in there who is a little more accustomed to playing in the 3 and supporting role.

I think the problem is having Diaby, Bailey and Rodgers in there where none are great at the defensive side out of possession. Add that to the continual changes in defence and we are far more stretched this season. We've also played significantly more games so everyone is running on empty.  

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolute bollocks.

Honestly, rubbish.

Ramsey gets injured. He moves to the left. Bailey/Diabys form drops, he plays on the right.

Luiz is suspended. He plays central. 

Kamara injuired? Play him centre mid.

Tielemans injured. Ok, move him from right mid to centre mid.

Absolutely class player and our beating heart. As good as any player might be, they’re only as good as their injury and availability. John has been almost immune from injury all season and played any position the manager has asked based on availability.

Everyone on here bangs on about how good Torres, Kamara, Ramsey is. Great. Let’s see them play multiple positions for almost an entire campaign in nearly every match. 

Silence.

McGinn = Class. Villa legend and one of several reasons we are where we are. 

Playing in multiple positions doesn't mean his performing through or stands up and rallys the team when we need leadership that's my point seems like your confused. The only silence needed here is you avoiding the point I made.

Edited by ozvilla28

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He can, however, I think we were a lot more defensively sound last season, with very little injuries during the run in and we also had Ramsey in there who is a little more accustomed to playing in the 3 and supporting role.

I think the problem is having Diaby, Bailey and Rodgers in there where none are great at the defensive side out of possession. Add that to the continual changes in defence and we are far more stretched this season. We've also played significantly more games so everyone is running on empty.  

Yep he can and sometimes we have the players around him to pull it off, sometimes when we play with a three man midfield. But it is not his best position just like Doug isn't as effective playing a holding role. McGinn on multiple times let the ball over the top as he has no height to win headers. He has been quality when played wider and further forward though under Emery.

Rogers has been awesome, but i don't think we have enough steel when he plays with Bailey and Diaby. It's not about blame, the balance is wrong and that is due to injury.

Edited by VillanousOne

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

No one is slagging

See below…. They clearly are. 

I’ve been critical in the past, but under Emery he has been class. So the whole team is struggling atm, and yes you can be critical, but some go OTT

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He shouldn't play another minute this season, I'm fuming. 

Captain my ass, he's gone missing big time. 

Edited by mikeyp102

40 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Playing in multiple positions doesn't mean his performing through or stands up and rallys the team when we need leadership that's my point seems like your confused. The only silence needed here is you avoiding the point I made.

I’m not confused. You’re an idiot. Where is the confusion?

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolute bollocks.

Honestly, rubbish.

Ramsey gets injured. He moves to the left. Bailey/Diabys form drops, he plays on the right.

Luiz is suspended. He plays central. 

Kamara injuired? Play him centre mid.

Tielemans injured. Ok, move him from right mid to centre mid.

Absolutely class player and our beating heart. As good as any player might be, they’re only as good as their injury and availability. John has been almost immune from injury all season and played any position the manager has asked based on availability.

Everyone on here bangs on about how good Torres, Kamara, Ramsey is. Great. Let’s see them play multiple positions for almost an entire campaign in nearly every match. 

Silence.

He's also had to play left back! 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

No way is he close to being a Villa legend … Great player and servant - God is a legend and you’re putting fat arse in the same bracket - nah no way. 

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

Playing in multiple positions means he is rarely playing in his own, best, position. 

If Pau Torres had to play left back, right back, defensive midfielder to cover other injuries would you be critical of his form too?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not confused. You’re an idiot. Where is the confusion?

You had a few beers tonight? Wind your neck in and STFU.

Â