John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I would sell him in the summer. Look I don’t think he’s a poor player, but like Watkins I think they are both players that are thought of more highly than they deserve outside VP. 

If could get £70/80m for the pair it would be incredible business. 

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

can't believe what i'm reading in here. thought he was outstanding today and the best player on the pitch.

No words. The key was appalling. 

I thought he was the one player in midfield, in that second half, who was giving absolutely everything to get Villa back into into. Drove the team forward, disrupted their attacks, wicked ball into box last minute for Cash. I don’t read the other threads and don’t know if they get similarly abused for all the misplaced passes, lack of tracking back, lack of commitment that they show. The team isn’t playing well just now but for McGinn to be the main cause of that, I think is unfair. 

I really like the guy, but yeah, VERY poor again. 

He's not been at it at all recently, and he does this weird thing where he gets the ball, and instead of moving into space with it, he pivots around the ball trying to find a pass and gets closed down and we end up losing it. 

Sanson, Luiz and Ramsey next game for me  

Edited by Osirus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, av1 said:

No words. The key was appalling. 

maybe outstanding was overselling it a bit, but i thought he did an excellent job breaking up play. compared to what else was on show today he was our best player by far.

Suicidal move by Gerrard playing John High Risk Mcginn in the DM. Not disciplined enough for that role.
Poor move by Gerrard. Mcginn like Bale is better for his national side then his club side. 

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Another 3/10 performance from him, will still start next game cuz he runs a lot. 

Doesn’t run as much as people think. Just because he’s blowing, doesn’t mean he’s covering every blade of grass.

I have no real issue with his stamina either way, it’s his quality on the ball that’s a concern. He’s a mid table Prem player at best, always has been. He’s fine if we want to stand still but we need better if we want to break into the top 8.

Would leave him out next week tbh.

He just can't influence games in final third anymore.

Main role these days seems to be sticking his butt in and winning free kicks on the halfway line but we have other midfielders who can do that.

needs to be dropped.

its really that simple.

He seems to have some immunity to being dropped, no matter how he plays, its a terrible message to send to the squad.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If utd offer 40m in summer get rid. 

Gone Backwards was a absolute steaming pile of shit today

If anyone offers £3 million for him, get rid.

Never rated him. Was worried he wouldn't make the step-up and he hasn't. 

45 minutes ago, Osirus said:

I really like the guy, but yeah, VERY poor again. 

He's not been at it at all recently, and he does this weird thing where he gets the ball, and instead of moving into space with it, he pivots around the ball trying to find a pass and gets closed down and we end up losing it. 

Sanson, Luiz and Ramsey next game for me  

Chambers luiz and sanson for me

Â