John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Played some excellent passes today

Sure a couple of 40 yarders when under no pressure. Bannan could play balls like that, he was still shit though. His short range under pressure passing is shit. I lose count how often he gives the ball needlessly away. He telegraphs everything, even in tight areas. Sorry but he's the weakest link in the midfield.  

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Sure a couple of 40 yarders when under no pressure. Bannan could play balls like that, he was still shit though. His short range under pressure passing is shit. I lose count how often he gives the ball needlessly away. He telegraphs everything, even in tight areas. Sorry but he's the weakest link in the midfield.  

Better pass accuracy than coutinho today.

I think every single player on the pitch gave the ball away. The problem is far bigger than just mcginn.

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Played some excellent passes today

I counted at least three he gave away also, which is three to many for me.

It's not just every now and again though with him, it's Every Single Game!

McGinn is bang average and so too are a few others in that first team to be honest.

31 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I counted at least three he gave away also, which is three to many for me.

It's not just every now and again though with him, it's Every Single Game!

McGinn is bang average and so too are a few others in that first team to be honest.

I agree with you in the sense he is playing poorly, but did you notice the giveaways from cash? Ings? Watkins? Doug? Coutinho? Konsa?

Why is your criticism on here limited only to McGinn? He was not the worst of them by far.

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I agree with you in the sense he is playing poorly, but did you notice the giveaways from cash? Ings? Watkins? Doug? Coutinho? Konsa?

Why is your criticism on here limited only to McGinn? He was not the worst of them by far.

It isn't see below....

34 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

McGinn is just more consistent with it, week in week out for eighteen months it's been the same! Others here, not just me have been saying the same too...

But yeah I was never onboard with Ings either, a panic buy which seems to have backfired, he was shocking today!

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It isn't see below....

McGinn is just more consistent with it, week in week out for eighteen months it's been the same! Others here, not just me have been saying the same too...

But yeah I was never onboard with Ings either, a panic buy which seems to have backfired, he was shocking today!

You have always been stronger in your criticism for McGinn than others. You are consistent though. IMO he is sellable but there are at least 7 others I would be happier to get rid of than him. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was better than in recent games IMO.

But his errors, and passes straight to opposition are so many and so critical that it's impossible to ignore ffs.

Needs to get his fair share of blame!

He is absolutely crucified every week by fans. 

I genuinely feel for him. He loves the club more than most and has given so many magical moments. Despite his obvious limitations at this level, he always gives 100%. Which makes performances of more technically gifted players more frustrating for me.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

He is absolutely crucified every week by fans. 

I genuinely feel for him. He loves the club more than most and has given so many magical moments. Despite his obvious limitations at this level, he always gives 100%. Which makes performances of more technically gifted players more frustrating for me.

Not by me, I love him, but sadly seems he always has those errors in him, which undo some of his own good play as well as the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You have always been stronger in your criticism for McGinn than others. You are consistent though. IMO he is sellable but there are at least 7 others I would be happier to get rid of than him. 

True, woefully inconsistent is a term I've often used. However recently more consistent at being bad.

The others like Cash, Luiz, Ramsey will improve they are much younger than McGinn who is supposedly in his peak years. Perhaps that's why I'm more critical aswell but the thing that really irks me is how his intercepted passes often lead to a counter-attack and put us in danger many times as he loses the ball in the middle of the park.

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

True, woefully inconsistent is a term I've often used. However recently more consistent at being bad.

The others like Cash, Luiz, Ramsey will improve they are much younger than McGinn who is supposedly in his peak years. Perhaps that's why I'm more critical aswell but the thing that really irks me is how his intercepted passes often lead to a counter-attack and put us in danger many times as he loses the ball in the middle of the park.

Most of the players are inconsistent, hence why we're midtable. Some are consistently poor, ie watkins. Mcginn is in the first bracket for me.

Not one of the whole team has been consistently good this season. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Most of the players are inconsistent, hence why we're midtable. Some are consistently poor, ie watkins. Mcginn is in the first bracket for me.

Not one of the whole team has been consistently good this season. 

I agree, yet Mings, Cash, Ramsey have been good this season...

McGinn has been poor for more than just this season, for me. Hence you'll find not just me saying this very same thing a year ago, others have finally seen it too.

I don't think he is as bad as players like Watkins and Konsa but he's had an awful last few games and was played out of position against Wolves. He should be playing further forward but that's not going to happen unfortunately. Squad player next season hopefully. 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

King of giving the ball away and jogging back. King of the "I'm working really hard" grab the ball and take a quick free at 4-0 down.

The bloke is full of shit. Slow. Immobile. Crap on the ball. Hider. Bluffer.

One of the worst observational opinions I've ever read

Â