John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 30/03/2022 at 09:16, barry'sboots said:

Better still, as you see, how we might progress with an even better version of Marv in the team!  Works well for Brighton

While I agree with your general point, Brighton have won 7 games. Whatever they are doing and however nicely they tap it around, I don’t know if we can say it works well ;)

I want to reiterate that I don't think McGinn is a bad player, and I don't want him out of the starting 11 permanently. He has a role to play for sure but he shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every single week in a position and playing style that doesn't suit his game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

I want to reiterate that I don't think McGinn is a bad player, and I don't want him out of the starting 11 permanently. He has a role to play for sure but he shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every single week in a position and playing style that doesn't suit his game.

I'd want any of our players out of the starting XI permanently if we bring better in. That should always be the aim. Upgrade any given player wherever possible.

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

This is what everybody wants. He should not be a guaranteed starter. 

He isnt Emi

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

While I agree with your general point, Brighton have won 7 games. Whatever they are doing and however nicely they tap it around, I don’t know if we can say it works well ;)

I accept that they have gone backwards since the start of the season BUT I think this is principally due to a lack of talent at the top end.  Even so, they are comfortably mid table.  Put Watkins, Buendia and Coutinho up front and I think they might be pushing for Europe? 

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Unless we play him as a 10 DROP. HIM. 

Do we play anyone there. Today there's someone wearing a Coutinho top there. But only in so far as there's a body there. No player. 

Why does McGinn always tackle by putting his arse into players and trying to do a Cruyff turn, needs dropping wouldn’t be sad to see him leave in the summer, not good enough to be starting

Â