John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

For Scotland yes. They largely don't have much of the ball. We'd need more guile in those positions.

I don’t know if you have seen any Scotland games recently. Last 8 games, won 6 and drawn 2. We have dominated the ball (not Austria game) in pretty much all those games. McGinn has thrived in these games. 

I genuinely think if McGinn didn’t have the audacity to slip on THE HALF WAY LINE today, the hatred for him wouldn’t be so deep today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, birdman said:

Mr undroppable strikes again! I'm still a fan of John's obviously but baffled as to why he's untouchable. Play him in an attacking role or not at all. That is the bottom line.

I dont know about that he seems to have dropped a few times today

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I genuinely think if McGinn didn’t have the audacity to slip on THE HALF WAY LINE today, the hatred for him wouldn’t be so deep today. 

It would be. People can see how limited he is now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I don’t know if you have seen any Scotland games recently. Last 8 games, won 6 and drawn 2. We have dominated the ball (not Austria game) in pretty much all those games. McGinn has thrived in these games. 

Surely you don't believe he's a better option as a 10 than any of our other AMs though?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

1 decent player can make all the difference,  look at Erikson at Brentford.  It's ashame we don't see the same performances he puts out for Scotland.

I mean Eriksen and McGinn couldn't be any more different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

John McGinn gets away with more terrible performances than anyone else in the team. His nickname needs to be changed from Super John to Teflon John.

McGotti

13 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Oh please. Don't know why I'm even bothering to respond.

Probably the worst take I've ever seen on here.

You don't think a player who cannot consistently complete 5 yard passes and constantly rushes our attacks hinders our ability to play possession football?

• Like 3

Said it before, I like him but he should be used higher up the pitch in one of the 10 roles. And mostly as a sub coming in with some energy in the second half.

His limitations on the ball hinders our ability to keep possession and him being so one footed slows us down as he has to shuffle round to make a pass with his left foot. Having him play further down the field creates a risk as we saw yesterday. Anyone can slip so that's not the big issue.

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You don't think a player who cannot consistently complete 5 yard passes and constantly rushes our attacks hinders our ability to play possession football?

Your agenda is ridiculous. Your last post claimed McGinn was one of the main reasons we have been passengers the last 18 months.

No criticism for anyone else though

• Like 1

Â