John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He's been absolute shit since we returned but i do really think he'd be more of an asset in the championship than anyone else in the squad that could realistically stay assuming he can get fit and return to the energy levels he had pre injury because its easy to forget just how infectious he was. Everyones angry and emotional at the state were in and pretty much every player is catching strays at the moment understandably but he's definitely on the keep list for me.

On 14/06/2020 at 20:51, roonst83 said:

Anyone else think he’s looked a fair bit overweight in the training? 

On 14/06/2020 at 22:17, mikeyp102 said:

Yeah I said this. I get he’s been out for a while, but he seems the type that may not have followed diet fully (he’s admitted before he eats chips a lot). He’ll lose it quick enough when back playing regularly 

On 16/06/2020 at 12:36, Stoobs said:

Overweight?? I would need to detox at a health farm for 2yrs to be that overweight. Just a bad camera angle. Find out tomorrow evening.  

On 16/06/2020 at 14:17, sidcow said:

Look at him the lardy bloater

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Needs a treadmill and a salad.

Yes he’s been out a long time, but looks totally unfit and carrying weight. 

He looked a bit fitter last Sunday, but today again looked so out of shape. I’d consider not playing him against palace. Surely the likes of Ramsey would be fitter and couldn’t do worse. 
We’ll need McGinn in the championship. Get him rested (I do wonder if he’s fully over his injury) and ready to go again next season. 

McGinn had a few decent games the start of the season but his form dropped off badly, then he got injured.

He doesn't look fit, infact he looks overweight, I was criticised for suggesting we were carrying him a few games back.

Technically he is ok but he is not a PL player as he is slow and lacks stamina.

Championship player.

A player that seemingly used to have a great engine now looking knackered after playing one half of football.

Yes, he had a bad injury but he has had a fair bit of time to get back to a decent level of fitness level.

Questions have to be asked at how effective our fitness training is / has been.

• Like 1

Looks to me like he thought his season was over so he's enjoyed himself, lockdown meant the season wasn't over and the weight he thought he had a summer to shift is now doing him over 

He shouldn't be in the squad let alone starting 

• Like 1

Let’s hope fergie still likes him and we can dream about a deal on both Mc Gin(n) and Grealish ...🤔

He’ll be an asset next season if he stays but we should sign Turnbull Alongside him to keep him in his toes. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Absolute garbage. Disgrace to himself and the club. What was he doing during lockdown. I have kept in better shape.

Fine him.

Grealish actually tagged him in a video of a fat bloke playing footy saying "You after lockdown" so must have been some joke about how he was "looking after" himself

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Grealish actually tagged him in a video of a fat bloke playing footy saying "You after lockdown" so must have been some joke about how he was "looking after" himself

I recall now. Great banter by a pair of plebs taking the club for a ride this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Just back from injury, star player next season whatever league he's in 

Unlikely McGinn will ever be a star in the PL, but yeah could be useful for us in the Championship. 

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont think he'll leave until potentially jan.

Been out for ages and been very sverage this season

Nobody is breaking the bank to sign McGinn this season or next. He wasnt great before the injury. He is earning mythical status now.

He is a bang average player at his very best at this level. At his very best. He hasn't impacted games at all the entire season aside from notching a few goals.

Who is dropping the money required to sell on McGinn?

• Like 1

Average passes for the season is 26.1 a game. That's less than Heaton and Reina. Which won't come as a surprise to anyone who watches him every week.

He does nothing, aside from bang shots if the ball comes within him 25 yards from goal. Otherwise he does not want to know.

• Like 1

Â