John McGinn

PompeyVillan

23 hours ago, Elton said:

I expect he’s in a boot for 6 weeks as that’s the usual healing time. He’s done nearly 5 weeks now. Once a bone has fully fused it doesn’t need more time for the bone itself, so it’s then building up slowly to full weight bearing. If it’s healed well he should be playing again by early March.

Ah great I suppose Drinkwater will be nearly up too match fitness by then

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Err... I can. 

I don't recall him playing for any other club. I don't recall him ever asking for a transfer. I don't recall him ever refusing to play. That to me, is loyalty, regardless of his many poor performances. His love for this club is well known as was evident in the joy on his face Tuesday night. 

• Like 1

Only been a month since he has been injured. Still two months left until he’s back, feels like a long wait.

Assuming 3 months is his return to fitness/being able to play rather than his return to training, hopefully we can get him in to the Newcastle game but that seems very optimistic.

Newcastle

Wolves

Liverpool

United

Palace

Everton

Arsenal

West Ham

would be great to let him use. Newcastle and Wolves to get back to fitness before that run to the end of the season

22 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

could be back for the final

He does like Wembley doesn't he? We don't want to rush him back though and risk being without him for more league games than is absolutely necessary, as a result.

1 hour ago, John said:

He does like Wembley doesn't he? We don't want to rush him back though and risk being without him for more league games than is absolutely necessary, as a result.

I haven’t see anything on his progress other than a picture of him without crutches. I think for the final he’d need to be match fit anyway so would need some game time before then. 

• Like 2

Different injury but Andre Gomes got injured badly v Spurs on 2nd November and is already back in full training.

It's amazing how quickly players actually recover from broken legs these days. Even ACLs and achilles some players get back pretty quickly (can remember Curtis Davies only being out for four months which was staggering and that was a decade ago).

Think we'll see Mcginn back sometime in March although I doubt he'll make the final.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, osmark86 said:

so sorely missed. really hoping for a speedy recovery as he could prove vital when the going gets tough and the final points are fought for. get well soon McGinn!

SJM on top form is exactly what we need. 

I've been given some "hearsay" about John, he was in the canteen at Bodymoor with his protective boot off.  That person asked him if he was told to take it off, to which he replied "no, I was meant to have it on for another 4 days, but I want to get to Wembley". 

So to paraphrase, his prognosis said he would only be fit and available for the last 2 games of this season, but he's choosing to do his own thing to be fit for Wembley in 25 days.  

Not sure what to think really. 

As I said, this is just hearsay, but forwarding what I've been told, which is usually nothing, ever :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've been given some "hearsay" about John, he was in the canteen at Bodymoor with his protective boot off.  That person asked him if he was told to take it off, to which he replied "no, I was meant to have it on for another 4 days, but I want to get to Wembley". 

So to paraphrase, his prognosis said he would only be fit and available for the last 2 games of this season, but he's choosing to do his own thing to be fit for Wembley in 25 days.  

Not sure what to think really. 

As I said, this is just hearsay, but forwarding what I've been told, which is usually nothing, ever :lol: 

He’s going to Wembley que sera  sera!!!!

• Thanks 1

Â