John McGinn

PompeyVillan

36 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've been given some "hearsay" about John, he was in the canteen at Bodymoor with his protective boot off.  That person asked him if he was told to take it off, to which he replied "no, I was meant to have it on for another 4 days, but I want to get to Wembley". 

So to paraphrase, his prognosis said he would only be fit and available for the last 2 games of this season, but he's choosing to do his own thing to be fit for Wembley in 25 days.  

Not sure what to think really. 

As I said, this is just hearsay, but forwarding what I've been told, which is usually nothing, ever :lol: 

A square sausage and a tennants and he'll be set for Spurs in two weeks.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've been given some "hearsay" about John, he was in the canteen at Bodymoor with his protective boot off.  That person asked him if he was told to take it off, to which he replied "no, I was meant to have it on for another 4 days, but I want to get to Wembley". 

So to paraphrase, his prognosis said he would only be fit and available for the last 2 games of this season, but he's choosing to do his own thing to be fit for Wembley in 25 days.  

Not sure what to think really. 

As I said, this is just hearsay, but forwarding what I've been told, which is usually nothing, ever :lol: 

The bones are too afraid to be broke.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Kingman said:

Happened 7 weeks ago tomorrow, Probably around another 4/6 weeks away. 

Yeah I'd say that's realistic. I'd probably say another 8/10 from personal experience, but suspect the science has moved on a bit the last 20 years, not to mention the state of the art treatment the club can afford. 

On 04/02/2020 at 14:32, Tomaszk said:

Throw in some white pudding and he’ll probably be available to turn out for Scotland in the rugby this afternoon!

Is this McGinn’s first major injury in his career? I wonder how he will deal with the mental aspects of recuperation: he seems like the sort of guy who is raring to go but I worry that he’ll overdo it.

I wonder if a) he has the mental strength to allow himself to go slow b) what physical condition he’ll be in when he gets out of that boot? 

On 04/02/2020 at 14:32, Tomaszk said:

As long as there is no salt’n’soss on it as he's from Glasgow. 

Update on McGinn on OS:

The Villa boss also provided an update on the progress of midfielder John McGinn.

The Scotland international is recovering from the fractured ankle he sustained against Southampton in late December.

“He’s out of the boot, he’s been out of it for the last week or two,” said Smith, offering a positive report.

“He’s pushing the medical staff all the time to hasten his recovery. He’s a really, really energetic person as well as a player.

“He’s well liked around the place and he’ll be pushing me to try and get back for that cup final.

“But I think it’ll be a week or two later than that, but it won’t be for the want of trying with John.

“And the added bonus for us is it’s like having a brand new signing coming into the team at a really important time.”

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Elton said:

Update on McGinn on OS:

The Villa boss also provided an update on the progress of midfielder John McGinn.

The Scotland international is recovering from the fractured ankle he sustained against Southampton in late December.

“He’s out of the boot, he’s been out of it for the last week or two,” said Smith, offering a positive report.

“He’s pushing the medical staff all the time to hasten his recovery. He’s a really, really energetic person as well as a player.

“He’s well liked around the place and he’ll be pushing me to try and get back for that cup final.

“But I think it’ll be a week or two later than that, but it won’t be for the want of trying with John.

“And the added bonus for us is it’s like having a brand new signing coming into the team at a really important time.”

This could be best thing for us.....Jack carries us through the season and McGinn comes in and like a new signing saves us from relegation.  A fit, fresh, new player with his energy for the final, crucial games is immense for us

Â