John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He put a picture up yesterday of him in boots. Whilst we all want him back, I’m really worried that our performance yesterday (and Smith saying people have played themselves out of the cup final) will result in McGinn being rushed back and starting next week.

• Like 1

Maybe a run out as a cameo in the final, but I think they will want him for the run in more than rush back too quick. Sadly it will take a while to get back to peak sharpness and fitness. His energy and game management will hopefully be contagious.

On 23/02/2020 at 15:53, villalad21 said:

I know how desperate we are for him to get back.

But i hope we aren't planning to rush him back.

Look at Pogba. They played him earlier than they should and his injury worsened.

Now I know you're screwed up - comparing Pogba with McGinn! How very dare you! :rant:

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He will be desperate to play some part in the final. Looking at Gomez yesterday he looked really off the pace when he came on for Everton so it’s going to take Mginn a while to get up to speed 

Gomes actually changed the game when he came on and looked surprisingly good. He's been out since October.

On 14/12/2019 at 18:39, Thug said:

What the hell has happened to him??

Hes been appalling for quite a few games now.

constantly caught in possession, and misplacing passes.

Needs to get a grip, and fast.

fast forward to now?🙄

17 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I don't want him in the squad for the final at all. 

Get him ready for Leicester in two weeks time. 

I agree with this, if comes back to early then were putting league survival at risk.

Â