John McGinn

PompeyVillan

7 hours ago, villaluke said:

what game is he due back? 

Newcastle or Chelsea as it stands but wouldn't be surprised to see him push for minutes Vs Leicester. 

I feel as though minutes Vs Chelsea and a proper return for Newcastle would be ideal and give us a boost for a winnable game

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

I just read that SJM will need to get up yo speed but, with him, I'm sort of anticipating him running around like a crazed man trying to make up for lost time.

Me too. He'll be so eager to get out there, when he does he'll probably run a marathon in his first game. Cannot wait to see him again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Me too. He'll be so eager to get out there, when he does he'll probably run a marathon in his first game. Cannot wait to see him again.

It would certainly help the team - an injection of enthusiasm could really be a shot in the arm for the rest of the players. 

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Fixed.

I wouldn't agree - it isn't talent that's missing right now, it's drive. He isn't as talented as quite a lot of the other attacking players in quite a few respects but his work-rate elevates him above them. 

• Like 1

I suspect he will be eyeing a start against Chelsea. He is probably looking at a place on the bench at Wembley! What we really can't afford to do, is to rush him back and risk him missing more vital games at the end of the season as a result. John's return can have a massive impact on our hopes of staying up. I can wait until the Chelsea game, but I doubt that will be quick enough for John.😊

• Like 1

I think we’ve missed SJM this season almost as much as we missed Jack last season.

I’m not comparing them talent wise, but more impact wise. It’s energy and drive that this team consistently lacks and John has that in abundance. He will be returning at a similar stage in the season as Jack did, let’s all hope he has a similar impact. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

It would certainly help the team - an injection of enthusiasm could really be a shot in the arm for the rest of the players. 

Definitely. Some of them need a kick up the arse and if they see Super John running around the pitch like a little madman it might make them think they have to up their game too. It will also mean Grealish won't have to do the work of about 6 people any more.

On 25/02/2020 at 08:25, HalfTimePost said:

Newcastle or Chelsea as it stands but wouldn't be surprised to see him push for minutes Vs Leicester. 

I feel as though minutes Vs Chelsea and a proper return for Newcastle would be ideal and give us a boost for a winnable game

I think he will be on the bench for Leicester. Heaton said on Sky yesterday that he was pushing for the cup final so how far away could he be? A full week of training this week and he's surely worth a place on the bench! 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I think he will be on the bench for Leicester. Heaton said on Sky yesterday that he was pushing for the cup final so how far away could he be? A full week of training this week and he's surely worth a place on the bench! 

Spot on. Even if he's at 70 or 80% he's a better option off the bench than Lansbury.

Â