John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I'm happy the arrival of Emery seems to have improved McGinn and others.

However he's had two or three good games over the course of the last TWO seasons, the criticism of McGinn was fairly consistent over the last two years. Of course much of that was the fault of Gerrard but even under Smith we seemed to struggle with his role. We were crying out for a Kamara-esque player for years.

Kamara also perhaps has given the security for McGinn and taken the pressure off him.

Against Wet Spam we are back to relying on McGinn to be absolutely faultless, let's hope his form over the last couple of games continues.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm happy the arrival of Emery seems to have improved McGinn and others.

However he's had two or three good games over the course of the last TWO seasons, the criticism of McGinn was fairly consistent over the last two years. Of course much of that was the fault of Gerrard but even under Smith we seemed to struggle with his role. We were crying out for a Kamara-esque player for years.

Kamara also perhaps has given the security for McGinn and taken the pressure off him.

Against Wet Spam we are back to relying on McGinn to be absolutely faultless, let's hope his form over the last couple of games continues.

It's a clean slate for him and others as far as I'm concerned. Gerrard was a clown and I'm not really interested in players' form under him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Yeh he's improved and its good to see however he is still super limited as a player. 

When it comes to the summer transfer window his spot will be an obvious upgrade. 

I think we'll strengthen the midfield but I don't think it'll be specifically a McGinn replacement. We will rotate our midfielders

I've never seen him on the ball so much which is what I've been screaming at him to so since Deano. Games you'd see him play this position and he'd struggle to get 20 passes and he'd just trott side to side not really showing or getting on the ball, the odd time he did he'd launch it and not show for a return.

Promising. Very promising.

• Like 2

John has looked to have benefited from the arrival of Emery, who looks to have instilled a new discipline into him.

None of those diagonal hollywood balls which risked losing possession, and he's shown some excellent positional discipline in and around the centre-circle.

I noticed he got a bit of a bollocking from the gaffer when he took a shot from outside the area.

He looked better than the highly-rated Rice today.

It's amazing what a good coach can do for a player's career.

If he carries on like this, other clubs are going to come knocking.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Lovely. And McGinn at the heart of it. Fair play to him. He's shut his haters (me included) up.

thought he was very good on Sunday...looked composed, on the ball.

when managers like Unai, stick with him, through his dip in form, we know he is good.

I think he is a UE kind of player.

Edited by TRO

Â