John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, birdman said:

When's last time he scored for Villa?

Except for friendlies, against Palace in November -21. Scored 3 for Villa last season (21-22). Had a period of great form when Gerrard had just arrived, which probably contributed to him becoming captain eventually.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, useless said:

He's only two and three goals behind Kenny Miller and Ally McCoist now for the national team, so should overtake them eventually, he's probably got a very realistic chance of becoming Scotland's third top scorer of all time, just needs another eight goals for that, and if he has a long career could even threatend top spot, although that will be difficult as good chance he might play deeper for them as he gets older, still for him to get anywhere near will be a great achievement.

10-12 international games a year now, he is 28 and probably has 3 more qualifying campaigns left in him

Has a chance to get the top spot

5 hours ago, picicata said:

There are some goals I never get bored of watching. That's one of them.

It’s a weird one for me, great goal but I was so miserable to lose that game it spoils it a little for me.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

It’s a weird one for me, great goal but I was so miserable to lose that game it spoils it a little for me.

Tammy, Kodjia, Adomah, Grealish all on the pitch too. Steve Bruce was a menace that season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tammy, Kodjia, Adomah, Grealish all on the pitch too. Steve Bruce was a menace that season.

Jedinak at centre back and Nyland in goal. Can see why Newcastle hired him as a second coming of Keegan

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stoobs said:

McGinn causing these Spanish minnows all sorts of problems tonight. 

Massive result, Scotland have some decent players reaching their peak I think they have enough about them to reach the Euros again.

• Like 1

Fair play, John McGinn is playing at his absolute peak currently, looks fit as a butchers dog and well worth his place in our midfield imo.

If he can keep up this current form, he could save us some money in the summer too, 6 months ago he looked like his Villa career was coming to an end but I would not replace this version of SJM at all.

• Like 1

Was unlucky with that free kick that hit the bar. Was Luiz like in how it dipped under the keeper from wide position.

He should be taking the free kicks from wide as having him on edge of the box is a bit of a waste. Strange given Austin McPhee is in both camps.

Based on Emery’s comments in the presser both Meatball and JJ aren’t going anywhere. 

He looks a damn sight fitter than I’ve ever seen him and his performances have been much improved. 

I think some decent competition for him (Guendouzi, Otavio, etc) in the Summer to make sure he doesn’t get complacent and we’ve sorted the right side of the midfield for the next couple of seasons. 

• Like 1

Â