John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Was a bit concerned he wouldn't get a chance. It's easy to not give Scots a chance in favour of the more expensive players when they come down but I knew if he did get the chance he would excel. Can't say I expected him to be this good this quickly. Amazing stuff 

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

A really great finish yesterday, it seems to have been overlooked in the drama that unfolded. Everyone is lauding Jack and Mings at the moment, but look back over the last 3 to 4 games and its McGinn that’s been the difference, he really is playing very, very well and his finishing is terrific. And he is getting better and better too. Scary

Have to agree. We've now got 2 midfielders who would easily cope in the premier league. The way he anticipated the pull back and opened his body up was premier league class. But apparently he's not good enough for Scotland!🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

At the same age, McGinn is better than Milner was.

Let's hope McGinn has a similar looking career at the end of it! 

I see no reason at all why he can’t. My friends laugh when I say it but this man will be in a top 4 team. I hope that would be us!

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Well apart from the leaving Villa bit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's bloody close, not sure he's quite there yet. Milner went to City at 24. He wouldn't look out of place if you went and dropped him in Man Utd's midfield tomorrow though.

Very similar attitude and style of play as Jimmy, definitely a top PL player in waiting. McGinn has more of a burst of acceleration on him than Milner ever did as well.

There is not a weakness in his game that he can target.

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Let’s not go nuts. Milner was doing it at the highest level.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, thunderball said:

A really great finish yesterday, it seems to have been overlooked in the drama that unfolded. Everyone is lauding Jack and Mings at the moment, but look back over the last 3 to 4 games and its McGinn that’s been the difference, he really is playing very, very well and his finishing is terrific. And he is getting better and better too. Scary

He is.....but one of the key reasons is, as he did before, Grealish is taking at least 2 players out the game, leaving room for McGinn.

Mcginn is a force of nature, but it’s the combination that is so destructive.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not go nuts. Milner was doing it at the highest level.

This. I love McGinn and I think he has a magnificent career ahead of him, but right now he's doing it in the Championship. Milner was one of the best (The best IMO) in a squad that took us to 6th three years in a row and had us sniffing at CL.

• Like 2

He ran that whole pitch in the second half tonight. He's a phenomenal athlete but I do wonder if he got injured in that last challenge at the end of the game. If we're to beat Brittle City on Saturday we really need Super John McGinn playing. 

Â