John McGinn

PompeyVillan

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Messi would look shit in a McLeish side, garbage manager.

McLeish tried to loan him and Iniesta for Rangers. What could have been 😂

Them 2 and Hutton could have tore through Europe

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

McLeish tried to loan him and Iniesta for Rangers. What could have been 😂

Them 2 and Hutton could have tore through Europe

I'm sure he would have made him into a fine left back

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Haha 1

I just read that against Kazakhstan, Scotland's "midfield lacked creativity", and that McGinn put a header wide and miscued a shot. Sounds like he might have had a bit of a shocker. Well that was lucky for us that it was for Scotland and not for us !

I guess he was under a lot of pressure, playing in the opening qualifier for his country after their miserably long absence from the major tournaments, in a group that includes Belgium and Russia (who were very good in a few games in the world cup). Not beating Kazakhstan is a blow to their hopes, isn't it, now they'll have to get a win against the much improved Russians somehow. I feel a bit sorry for the Scotland team and quite a lot of their fans really, I felt bad enough when England missed out on just one tournament (Euro 2008). To miss out on several in a row must be tough. : s

Edited by robby b

The Jocks have 2 chances to get to the Euros even if they finish bottom of their group they still get in the play offs to qualify as won their Nations League Group.

Hopefully they have sacked McCleish and brought in someone more forward thinking by then.  Steve Clarke maybe?

Anyway SJM should be fit and raring to prove his detractors wrong on Saturday.  He knows he has the love when he plays in Claret and Blue.

• Like 2

He's just brilliant. When he gets the ball you just know he's going to keep it safe, probably turn a player or two and move the ball forwards, relentlessly forwards. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Still in awe that we got him for ~3m every time I see him play. Already one of the best players to play for us since the MON era.

People often state the Scottish Premiership as a load of shit etc etc but the wage struggles for clubs up there do mean there are some real bargains to be found. McGinn is case in point. 

Easy to overlook that he’s “only” 24 too. Amazing signing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Still in awe that we got him for ~3m every time I see him play. Already one of the best players to play for us since the MON era.

The Scottish Ashley Young!.. 

To what tune though ? :D 

Numerous sources today claiming the personal contract has been agreed with Leicester, clubs have agreed in principle for £12mil.

I can't send links so do your own googling :)

Â