John McGinn

PompeyVillan

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't believe he's only cost about 3m. How does a player this good fly under the radar like that?

His link up play with Grealish in the second half was just sublime. Shame Jack wasn't on the top of his game today.

Been monitoring his progress with interest and not wanting to bore you all too much with my thoughts on him but this seems an opportune moment to remind people that Celtic were trying to get him for £1.5m and have taken an almighty hump since then as we wanted to hold out for more.  

Enjoying seeing you guys making a late move for the play off places,  hope you manage to keep it going although SJM making a £30m move somewhere in the summer might just work in our favour 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Been monitoring his progress with interest and not wanting to bore you all too much with my thoughts on him but this seems an opportune moment to remind people that Celtic were trying to get him for £1.5m and have taken an almighty hump since then as we wanted to hold out for more.  

Enjoying seeing you guys making a late move for the play off places,  hope you manage to keep it going although SJM making a £30m move somewhere in the summer might just work in our favour 😉 

Grealish and McGinn have long contracts and are the future of our midfield, if Grealish goes (which would be a travesty but if we don't go up FFP pressures would be a big lever on the club to sell) then the midfield gets built around McGinn. If we go up then I reckon we can keep them both and build a team around them, that should be plan A even if we stay in the Championship. 

Either way if and when McGinn moves on if you lot have a sell on clause you'll be well in the money.

52 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Thanks. We really will be urging our club for a friendly with you guys come pre season 

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce bought this guy.

As much as you hate Bruce you gotta give him some credit

Why? He bought so much shite it's unreal. It's fair to say McGinn was a steal, but the rest of the crap he bought wasn't. Scott Hogan for **** knows how much. Lansbury. Bjarnason, Taylor, Nyland and Bolasie. And that's just the top of my head. Credit. **** me. You must be stoned. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks. We really will be urging our club for a friendly with you guys come pre season 

That’d be class and would be very popular amongst our support too.

Pre match chat in the pub before our game today started on SJM during the week and evolved to chat from the older boys about Cropley and Des Bremner (they weren’t happy I compared SJM to Cropley), anyway there’s closer links between the clubs than i realised,  would be excellent if something in the summer could be arranged.

I am 100% convinced he has access to his own private Wormhole. Nothing else can explain his ability to appear almost simultaneously in every different part of the pitch, and for 90 minutes.

Amongst his goal, the incredible ball winning, and the energy, what about a couple of those passes ?? Wow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I am 100% convinced he has access to his own private Wormhole. Nothing else can explain his ability to appear almost simultaneously in every different part of the pitch, and for 90 minutes.

Amongst his goal, the incredible ball winning, and the energy, what about a couple of those passes ?? Wow.

Stop it,  you’re making me cry here 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes, that would be very convenient, at Easter Road.

Well, at least for me, can't speak for the rest of you.

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

Yes, that would be very convenient, at Easter Road.

Well, at least for me, can't speak for the rest of you.

Cally Thistle or Ross County would be more convenient for me. Don’t be so selfish, I’m further away from VP than you! 😀

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Cally Thistle or Ross County would be more convenient for me. Don’t be so selfish, I’m further away from VP than you! 😀

So Edinburgh would basically be meeting in the middle, then?

Done.

34 minutes ago, peterms said:

So Edinburgh would basically be meeting in the middle, then?

Done.

You’d be amazed how far north Inverness is! We live about 20 mins from Inverness and it’s 460 miles from our house to The Holte End, a place I miss more than I can put into words. Still Hibs is relatively close at 171 miles away so if we set up a friendly I’ll be there!

Â