John McGinn

PompeyVillan

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Genuinely one of the best goals I've ever seen.

If that doesn't win goal of the season it's a **** travesty

Some of the best goals I've ever seen have been scored for Villa in the Championship in the last couple of years. Pretty crazy when you think about it. Never would have thought when we got relegated.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, midian said:

Im going to say in my 31 years of being on this planet he is the best player I have seen to of graced Villa Park in a Villa shirt he is that good!Probably get shot down for it but he is unbelieveable!

If you’re 31, like I am, you will/should have seen Merson, McGrath, Yorke, Barry to name but a few.

Mcginn’s great, but he has nothing on the players above (yet). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you’re 31, like I am, you will/should have seen Merson, McGrath, Yorke, Barry to name but a few.

Mcginn’s great, but he has nothing on the players above (yet). 

Well it’s all opinions isn’t it ?

If @midian rates him the best he’s seen, then, for him, he is.

Of course “ best” could be an infinitely long debate........and the players you’ve mentioned were all terrific...but in different ways. I see no reason why McGinn shouldn’t be in that list, with the two essential riders that we are a Division lower and he’s not done it over a long period yet.

( personally I wouldn’t have Yorke in that little list, but I might have used my extra years to add Platt, half the Title winning side, Little, Gray, And Milner.

I have to say, I don’t recall ever being as bowled over by any one off performance from any of them like I was by McGinn the other night.

I think he could do just as well in the Prem as well. I remember the start of the season his energy was amazing but his final ball was really hit or miss. He seemed to misplace some passes and held the ball for too long not really knowing when to release it. He's upped his game to match the league this season and kept his unbelievable energy, I say within a year in the PL the big boys will start being linked with him

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

I think he could do just as well in the Prem as well. I remember the start of the season his energy was amazing but his final ball was really hit or miss. He seemed to misplace some passes and held the ball for too long not really knowing when to release it. He's upped his game to match the league this season and kept his unbelievable energy, I say within a year in the PL the big boys will start being linked with him

We would be one of them!

• Like 2

He gave me the best laugh today and I'd like to see a gif of it. Towards the end when he was taking a corner, waited for another of their guys to come running over to cover the short pass and mugged him off as he ghosted straight past him. :crylaugh:

50 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That was utterly brilliant. They know the drill.  A couple of minutes to go, you take the short corner and try and shield the ball. Waste precious seconds.  That's what happens, the crowd know it, the managers know it, the players know it...... John McGinn knows different. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

Â